We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Taxi from S. Lucia Train Station to Marco Polo

North Wales
Level Contributor
187 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Water Taxi from S. Lucia Train Station to Marco Polo

Hi All,

Could someone tell me if it is easy to get a private water taxi from Santa Lucia train station to Marco Polo Airport we shall be arriving back from Peschiera Del Garda the train arrives at 11.40 am our latest check in time at the airport is 2.00 pm, so it would be nice to have one last drink in Venice before our trip home so I would like to get a taxi for speed and convenience, also if anyone has an approximate price, any help much appreciated.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,226 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Taxi from S. Lucia Train Station to Marco Polo

You can but it will be expensive, appox €100. they rank from outside the Santa Lucia Station, but you can walk to Piazzale Roma and catch the ATVO Bus for €3 per person, journey time 25 minutes,

www;atvo.it

ireland
Level Contributor
976 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Taxi from S. Lucia Train Station to Marco Polo

Hi Denholm, when you come out of Santa Lucia station the grand canal is in front of you, to your left is the Scalzi bridge and a lovely area with several cafe bars, it's the most beautiful outside of a train station I've ever seen. You could have your last drinks in Venice right there, then cross the Calatrava (sp) bridge to Pizzale Roma and catch the bus to the airport, as Sophie says it's only 25 minutes away, spend your money on a spritz instead of a taxi.

North Wales
Level Contributor
187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water Taxi from S. Lucia Train Station to Marco Polo

Hi Sophie and elleLy,

Thank you both for your advice, I somehow thought it might be cheaper for a taxi from the train station, as I have been quoted 95 Euros from the airport to the Rialto area, but as I have no sense of direction even looking at map, we shall definitely consider the ATVO bus and elleLy we will most certainly have our last spritz outside of the train station, probably with tears dripping into in!!!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,427 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water Taxi from S. Lucia Train Station to Marco Polo

Just out of pure curiosity, does anyone know what it costs for a land taxi from P Roma to Marco Polo. It seems to be a question that is never considered or even asked.

Of course the cost may be prohibitive. But the question is worth asking.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,707 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water Taxi from S. Lucia Train Station to Marco Polo

The last time I took a private water taxi from Ferrovia there were several private water taxi tied up at their jetty. This is at the far left of the water bus landing stages, close to the Scalzi Bridge.

The journey to Marco Polo airport should take c. 20 minutes and cost somewhere between 80 and 110 euros. But you will then have a walk of about 450 metres from the landing stage to the airport entrance along a well marked path. If you have heavy lugagge there are taxis and sometimes even porters available to carry your luggage.

It would be cehaper to cross the Calatrava bridge to Piazzale Roma and take a land taxi which would take you to the entrance door to Marco Polo airport.

Evans, Georgia
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Water Taxi from S. Lucia Train Station to Marco Polo

We were there 3 weeks ago. From the cruise terminal to Marco Polo, the land taxi fare was 60 to 70 euros. The cruise terminal is less than one half mile from Piazzale Roma. We had been told they were much cheaper but not the case.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,226 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Water Taxi from S. Lucia Train Station to Marco Polo

Out of interest I got this quote for a Land Taxi ,

Marco Polo Airport to Stazione Marittima Venice: 48,00 euro

Marco Polo Airport to Piazzale Roma: 38,00 euro

Veniceshuttle s.a.s. di Tambalo Paolo

Via Cardinal Urbani, 15

Mestre-Venezia

- Web: www.veniceshuttle.it

- Tel. +39.338.7960480 -

- Fax +39.0422.780633

- E-mail: mail@veniceshuttle

North Wales
Level Contributor
187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Water Taxi from S. Lucia Train Station to Marco Polo

Hi Sophie,

You have come up trumps again, thank you for this latest info, I have checked out the web site, very interesting, may consider this as an option.

Karen

9. Re: Water Taxi from S. Lucia Train Station to Marco Polo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2010, 05:18