We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reservations for the Doges Palace and the Accademia

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
oceanport N.J.
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
reservations for the Doges Palace and the Accademia

I will be in Venice this oct 27 till Nov 1st and would like to arrange for reservations / tickets ahead of time before I leave form USA for the Doges Palace and the Accademia is this possible. I believe this is a holiday weekend and reservations/tickets ahead of time might be the best way to go. Theresanp

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,415 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reservations for the Doges Palace and the Accademia

Unless things have changed very recently neither the Doge's Palace or the Accademia Art gallery do timed tickets or reservations.

The Accademia website is www.artive.arti.beniculturali.it

However the Itinerari Segreti tour of the Doge's Palace is bookable in advance. You need to telephone 041 520 9070 to book a place on the English Language tour in advance.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: reservations for the Doges Palace and the Accademia

My experience at both places was that they were less crowded later in the day. Tour groups, school groups, early birds, all seem to go in the morning. As a matter of fact I think I got into the Accademia for free, because there is no admission for people who enter within a certain period of time before closing.

Coeur D'alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
579 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: reservations for the Doges Palace and the Accademia

We were in Venice during the busy season this summer and didn't have a problem at all. We visited the Doge's Palace about an hour before closing (I think around 5:00 pm) and we did have to buy our tickets, but there was absolutely no wait at all. The best part was being almost alone as we walked through it. Someone mentioned going late in the day -- it was sure great for us.

Burbank, California
Level Contributor
196 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: reservations for the Doges Palace and the Accademia

RobertJ

I tried to book the Secret Itineries tour on line and think I did. But didn't give them my cc to reserve but couldn't quite work the site very well. I emailed the contact on the website I used but got no response.

Should I just call and see if they have my confirmation?

Usually I love the net to do things, but I fear my attempt may have been confused in translation.