We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food shops

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
29 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
food shops

I am staying in an appartment in Venice just off St Marks Square, right beside the Mercerie. Does anyone know where I will find a grocery shop to buy bread/water/coffee/milk etc. Thanks, Jill

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,464 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: food shops

Several supermarkets in Vencie where you will be able to buy everything you require -

Billa - branches on the Zattere just by the San Basilio water bus landing stage nd on Strada Nova in Cannaregio; Punta Sma in Campo Santa Margherita, Dorsoduro (at the Rio Tera Canal end); Coop in Piazzale Roma.

There are several "Alimentari" selling food and wine scattered around Venice. Walk down Via Garibaldi for one though I forget its name.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,984 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: food shops

There is a supermarket in Salizzada San Lio which is in San Marco where you could get most of your rwquirements,

Surrey
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: food shops

Small dellicatessen and also a baker in Calle dei Fabbri, near the San Marco end of the street. You'll get your bread/water/coffee/milk from these shops. The delli is at the rear of a coffee/cake shop/stand-up caffe on the corner opposite the takeaway pizza shop. The baker is a few doors down the street. For other purchases, the supermarket in Salizzada di San Lio as mentioned above and there is much bigger supermarket on the Strada Nova - the main route to the station, approx 30 mins walk.

UK
Level Contributor
29 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: food shops

Brilliant, just what I wanted, thanks very much!

france
Level Contributor
42 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: food shops

hi. i don't want to create another topic, as my inquiry is almost the same, where to buy food, ie bottled water, at a reasonable price, but in the piazzale roma area ? that's where my headquarters will be located...

thanks in advance, and while i'm at it, thanks all contributors for all the many restaurants recommandations as well.

6. Re: food shops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2010, 06:42