We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any direct flights from the states?

Ohio
Level Contributor
234 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Any direct flights from the states?

Does anyone know of direct flights from the states in May/June?

Thanks.

Special Offer
Dolomite Mountains Small-Group Day...
772 reviews
from US$173.90*
US$193.90
Venice Walking Tour and Gondola Ride
2,567 reviews
from US$56.30*
Special Offer
Skip the Line: Venice in One Day...
3,543 reviews
from US$75.10*
US$91.30
St. Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace...
295 reviews
from US$81.30*
New Jersey
Level Contributor
63 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any direct flights from the states?

i don't know if there are any direct flights from ohio to venice, but i recently booked a direct flight home from venice to philadelphia for may 2010. we're flying open jaw into rome and out of venice. but i would imagine if they fly directly home from venice that they should have some direct flights there. try some of the different search engines to compare flights. i've found bing's travel website to be most helpful when i was researching flights.

Northfield...
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Any direct flights from the states?

I do not know the answer to your question, but based on some of my previous research, three U.S. cities most likely to have direct flights to Venice are Philadelphia, New York City, and Atlanta. I encourage you to do flight searches on a website such as www.kayak.com. I have found that website to be helpful in looking for flights to Venice from Minneapolis. I will be going in May, but will have to layover briefly in Amsterdam.

Anthem, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any direct flights from the states?

We flew direct to Venice on Delta from JFK; the original booking was for Atlanta direct to Venice, but that route disappeared when we flew last month.

USAir was flying direct to Philadelphia from Venice when we were waiting for our flight home.

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
334 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any direct flights from the states?

I Don't think there is a straight thorough flight from Ohio but there is from NY. I'm taking flight 186 on Delta to Venice in March....Maxine

Orange County...
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any direct flights from the states?

From Ohio, there is no direct. We are still researching, but from the left coast we can get to various European Cities including Heathrow in London so two stops are available. Guessing that from Ohio, it is more like three stops.

Just guessing.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any direct flights from the states?

Ooops, looks like there might be based on the prior comments, but a brief stop over in any city in your travels is not direct... We are still searching.

Greensboro, NC
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any direct flights from the states?

Sorry to differ, but a brief stop in a city is still a direct flight........it is not a non-stop flight.

Toronto, ONT
Level Contributor
770 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any direct flights from the states?

There are direct flights from Toronto (YYZ) on Air Transat and SkyService (operator AlbaTours but no 2010 schedule just yet). You can reach Toronto airport in 4-6 hrs by car depending where you are in Ohio. No sales now but typically May/June round trip is in $800-900 ballpark. July and August are higher.

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any direct flights from the states?

http://www.wego.com/airports/italy/venice

The above site list direct flights into Venice and cities to leave from to get to venice if you have to connect.

The site list all airports and airlines as well as heaps of other things. I find it useful

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any direct flights from the states?

So from your side of the world you would leave using

#

# Delta Air Lines (DL)

#or

# US Airways (US)

from

# Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Intl Apt (ATL)

# New York J F Kennedy International Apt (JFK)

# Toronto Lester B Pearson Intl Apt (YYZ)

# Montreal Pierre Elliott Trudeau Int Apt (YUL)

# Philadelphia International Apt (PHL)

or pick up a deal with other majors and codeshare with a connection if the price was right