We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Abbazia: Utterly disappointed, stay away from it.

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
148 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Abbazia: Utterly disappointed, stay away from it.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187870-d232…

I am extremely disappointed with the response from Hotel Abbazia with respect to my review. I mentioned that when I asked for warm water, the staff made some remarks in sarcastic tone saying "why do you need warm water?" What does it have to do with "The hot/warm water works well everywhere (it couldn’t be anything different): hot water “red” colour, cold water “blue colour” (have I been too sarcastic?" Is he saying I am an idiot?

I originally gave a 3 stars rating but after receiving such a response, I should have just given it a 1 star rating. Please read my profile, I have stayed in many hotels before and why should I lie about my review or perhaps they are just racist against Asians. In any case, I would strongly suggest that you stay away from this hotel.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,999 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Abbazia: Utterly disappointed, stay away from it.

This is a shame as this Hotel is usually very well recommended,

but if this is what you feel, you have a right to your opinion,

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,011 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Abbazia: Utterly disappointed, stay away from it.

I do find the reply of the manager very rude and scarcastic to be honest - He has a good reputation and surely any critisism should be taken in a positive manner . He can be assured that this guest or any that this guest speaks to will not reccomend his hotel ..Mind you is the hotel bothered ?

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,465 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Abbazia: Utterly disappointed, stay away from it.

The Hotel has had a good reputation in the past but even the best can have an off day. Such a report cannot do the Hotel any good.

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Abbazia: Utterly disappointed, stay away from it.

ysouk, regarding the warm water request, there might have been a misunderstanding. Were you asking for warm water for drinking purpose? The staff might have thought you were asking for warm water in the shower. To him, the hot/cold water in the shower works. He couldn't understand why you were asking for warm water.

Mansfield U.K.
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Abbazia: Utterly disappointed, stay away from it.

I also think that this could be a misunderstanding. Are you sure you did not ask for hot water.

Once in a Treviso hotel the receptionist was plagued with a queue from a Chinese party demanding pots of hot water so they could make tea. They insisted that it was very important to them be needless to say the management's patience was waring a little thin !

Bob.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,415 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Abbazia: Utterly disappointed, stay away from it.

I have to admit that the owner's response doesn't leave a good impression. It would have been better for his hotel to have not responded.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
7,713 posts
445 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Abbazia: Utterly disappointed, stay away from it.

No, it does not sound like misunderstanding. It is plain rudeness.

Singapore
Level Contributor
148 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Abbazia: Utterly disappointed, stay away from it.

I passed my thermal flask to the service staff so he is definitely aware that I wanted warm water in the flask. What I did not like about the staff was his tone and attitude when he responded to my request and he found it to be a hassle.

On second look, the response from the management may have misunderstood my review but I still find their reply rude. I have other hotels sending me private messages to me asking me why I did not give them a good review. This is the most snobbish reply I received till date.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,247 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Abbazia: Utterly disappointed, stay away from it.

A very rude,sarcastic response from the management - really quite astonished to see a reply like that,no customer care atall.

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Abbazia: Utterly disappointed, stay away from it.

I found your review quite good and would not be put off by it if I chose to stay there. However given the managers snide reply I would think twice.

I think the manager really has misunderstood what you were saying...saw red and blurted out a response instead of checking with hotel staff first. I'm glad you have now said the water was for a thermos as I couldn't tell why you wanted warm water in the review either until now.

From what I read between the lines.. when you arrived at your chosen hotel you were told "sorry full go to the sister hotel they have room and it will cost you $xxxx." when you checked out they tried to charge you a different price but honored the price you were given.

At least the sister hotel is passing on guests to them, it is a shame they don't pass on the prices they tell guests too. Communication breakdown there.

As for the "obliged?" remark the manager has to realize that when you travel in unfamiliar cities and your best laid plans are unraveled, you go where suggested, there is nothing worse than wandering lost with luggage looking for somewhere to sleep at a price you can afford. Been there done that.

as for the air-conditioning...his staff tell you your room has no air-conditioning but the manager in his reply says all rooms have air-conditioning...

time to send the person at check-in to "customer service school" the manager needs to read non-positive responses a few times before shooting off a reply.