We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carnival 2010

Essex
Level Contributor
152 posts
156 reviews
Save Topic
Carnival 2010

Hi have just booked flights for my friend and I to venice although flying into treviso, on 4 feb till 7 feb, have not booked hotel yet any good suggestions, wish to do the Hot chocolate theme on either 5th or 6th feb, has anyone done this if so any tips, we will have to hire costume their, think its all included in price. Should we get this booked asap or can we wait a while. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks. Believe its going to be a bit chilly !

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
48,396 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carnival 2010

Although you are going to the very early part of Carnivale I think you should get your Hotel booked soon it is a very popular time,

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Carnival 2010

If you are doing the Cioccolata Calda (hot chocolate) at The Danieli then the costumes are not included in the price of 50 euro.

They do however have the possibility of hiring costumes from their costume hire shop i the hotel----Atelier Tiepolo.

Regarding a hotel, what is your budget range?

Essex
Level Contributor
152 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carnival 2010

Thanks for that our budget on hotel is £50 each for a night so total for both of us for 3 nights is £300,

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Carnival 2010

During Carnival you are going to be pushing it to find a hotel at that price. A small bed and breakfast perhaps.

Prices go up drastically during Carnivale.

The longer you wait the more difficult it will become to find somewhere.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
48,396 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carnival 2010

At the best of times you would struggle at that budget in Venice, especially at Carnivale,

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Essex
Level Contributor
152 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Carnival 2010

Thank you for your quick response, I have now booked 3 nights at the Hotel Campiello for 405euros, and thank you for your advice. We plan to get a bus from the airport at Treviso to Venice, Is this easily done bearing in mind we will be arriving late at night.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Campiello
Hotel Campiello
882 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Treviso
Treviso
Province of Treviso, Italy
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Carnival 2010

I take it you are flying into Treviso with Ryanair!!

Take a look at their website for details of transport.

Normally when they have a flight arrival, they also have a form of transport too.

Mentioned in this post
Treviso
Treviso
Province of Treviso, Italy
UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
48,396 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Carnival 2010

There is a Bus which connect' s with Ryan air flights, ATVO Line, cost is €10 return, this takes you to Piazzale Roma in Venice the terminus for Motor Vehicle's in Venice, the journey averages 40 minutes depending of traffic,

Mentioned in this post
Piazzale Roma
Piazzale Roma
26 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Essex
Level Contributor
152 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Carnival 2010

Thanks for your replies will check it out

Essex
Level Contributor
152 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Carnival 2010

We have booked hot chocolate for 6th feb, but did not realise the costumes would be so expensive to hire 280-400 euros, is there anywhere in Venice that does costume hire cheaper, thanks

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy