We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice Itinerary - 2 days

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NH
Level Contributor
43 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Venice Itinerary - 2 days

I'll be arriving in Venice (via train from Munich) on a Friday morning at 6:30AM - I have until Sunday afternoon - any ideas on an itinerary for Friday and Sat ?????

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,837 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice Itinerary - 2 days

Hard to say depends a lot on your interests, I think it is a good idea to get a Guide Book to see what appeals to you, A small compact one with a lot of information is D&K's Venice Top 10,

Venice is not big, but so much to see there will be plenty to occupy you for 2 day's,

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice Itinerary - 2 days

Just to give you some idea:

Day 1: Explore Venice on foot, starting from the train station on Grand Canal, go through Jewish Ghetto and walk all the way to San Marco. Walk back, but this time round cross Rialto Bridge and walk all the way back to the Grand Canal.

Day 2: Take vaporetto to Murano & Burano or Lido. You can also take vaporetto along Grand Canal.

Day 3: Take a stroll around the hotel until it's time to depart.

Optional items: Secret Itineraries Tour to Doge Palace, Gondola ride and Carnival Show.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,837 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Venice Itinerary - 2 days

Two days I really do not think it worth going to the Islands, Venice has more than enough to occupy you,

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
1,903 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Venice Itinerary - 2 days

I agree with sophie - with 2 full days I wouldn't bother with the islands. I would start out early (either on Friday or Saturday) by visiting the Rialto Market, then visit the Frari and Scuolo San Rocco, then walk to either Campo San Barnaba or Campo Santa Margherita and enjoy walking around that area. A walk along the Zattere is also nice. You could certainly spend a whole morning in St. Marks Square and walk around in the area behind the square. I love the view from the campanile on San Giorgio. There are 6 sestieres (areas) of Venice and each one has a different feel to it, just hop on the vaporetto and get off at any stop and make your own discoveries!

5. Re: Venice Itinerary - 2 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2010, 05:19