We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Pensione Accademia Dorsoduro

Western Australia
Level Contributor
87 posts
126 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to Pensione Accademia Dorsoduro

Hi,

we are arriving into Marco Polo Airport on Friday 2nd April

at 9.30am. We will only have daypacks with us and are staying for Easter and leaving by train on Easter Monday.

My question is this:

Should we take the Alilaguna ferry red line to Zattere?

( one leaves at 10.15am and the next one is at 11.15am)

Or should we take the bus to Piazzale Roma and then the Vaporetto to Accademia?

We will have venice connected 72 hour passes.

I realise the Alilaguna isn't included in these passes.

I just want the most convenient and the quickest way to get to the hotel.I am guessing it will be hectic being Good Friday.

thanks

Meg

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Pensione Accademia Dorsoduro

You say you have only daypacks so you are quite light and mobile. I think both seems completely fine, Bus, Piazzale Roma then vaporetto or Alilaguna à Zettere. From Zattere, P.Accademia is a little farther but not much, and your small luggage, not a problem at all. Perhaps for the first time, it would be nice to arrive by water (Alilaguna). The dock is 5 minutes walk once you are out of the airport. The land bus stop is just outside the airport, no walk. If you can catch the first Alilaguna, it would not make much difference time-wise.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,071 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Pensione Accademia Dorsoduro

The Alilaguna ferry is not included in the basic Venice Connected pass,the fare is €13 per person,

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Pensione Accademia Dorsoduro

Sophie, OP says she knows that.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,071 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to Pensione Accademia Dorsoduro

Sorry bit early here Kat, when I answered,, but really the Bus would be no inconvenice,

Western Australia
Level Contributor
87 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to Pensione Accademia Dorsoduro

Thanks Sophie and Kat,

I was hoping you may know the timetable for the bus to Piazzale Roma from the airport ?

I found the Vaporetto timetable for Piazzale Roma to Accademia already.

But also realised that I could walk it from Piazzale Roma(if we are up to it

after 24 hours travelling from Australia)

That way I can work out which will be quicker and easier - the Alilaguna or bus/vaporetto combination.

thanks

Meg

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,071 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to Pensione Accademia Dorsoduro

There is a very regular service for Buses to P.Roma from the Airport, 2 lines ACTV (which you use the pass) and ATVO €3. the journey is appox 25 minutes, the ATVO is non-stop, the Buses leave from outside the Arrivals terminal.

You can walk from P.Roma to the Hotel, not a great distance but get a map, like anywhere in Venice not straight forward,

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
1,994 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport to Pensione Accademia Dorsoduro

Here's the website for the ATVO bus schedule: atvo.it/images_doc/…Venezia-M.Polo2010.pdf. This is the website for the ACTV bus schedule: hellovenezia.com/jspvenezia/htmlincludes/pdf…

8. Re: Airport to Pensione Accademia Dorsoduro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2010, 05:18