We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you buy a Venice Pass online? Does it make sense to buy

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kootenay
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Can you buy a Venice Pass online? Does it make sense to buy

one? Do the museums require reservations like they do in Rome and Florence?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,147 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you buy a Venice Pass online? Does it make sense to buy

You can buy a Venice Connected pass on line which is basically a travel pass but can include Museums etc, it is the cheapest way to buy, discounted as to buying in Venice

www.veniceconnected.com

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you buy a Venice Pass online? Does it make sense to buy

You ask "Do the museums require reservations like they do in Rome and Florence?". There can be queues for the Accademia in the middle of the morning or afternoon but I have never found queues early in the morning when they open - 8.15 a.m every day of the week. Again other museums such as the Correr, Ca'Rezzonico, the Peggy Guggenheim etc I have never found so busy as to need to queue.

It is over 20 years since I last went to the Basilica of San Marco so I cannot comment on queues for there.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you buy a Venice Pass online? Does it make sense to buy

Whether the museum pass is worth it depends on how many of the museums you plan on visiting that are included in the pass. Sometmes it's better to just pay as you go.

If you want to do the Secret Itinerary tour of the Doges Palace, you do have to make a reservation - this is the website: www.museiciviciveneziani.it/frame.asp…

Beginning in April, the reservation system for St. Marks Basilica will be available and although it's not required it may save you from standing in a long time - website: venetoinside.com/en/basilica_of_san_marco/

Not sure how long your visit is but I do consider the vaporetto pass worth getting online before you arrive.

Edited: 08 February 2010, 03:20
4. Re: Can you buy a Venice Pass online? Does it make sense to buy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2010, 08:16