We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any availability at Des Bains, Venice this year ?

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Addingham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Any availability at Des Bains, Venice this year ?

I cant find any availability at the Des Bains, Venice this year. Does anyone know why ?

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any availability at Des Bains, Venice this year ?

Have you tried emailing them directly?

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,415 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any availability at Des Bains, Venice this year ?

They used to close for the winter and reopen in mid March so perhaps still closed. I suggest you try contacting Des Bains towards the end of March as I am sure they will reopen for Easter

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
335 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any availability at Des Bains, Venice this year ?

Since the Des Bains and the Excelsior were bought by an investment fund from Padua (EstCapital), the fate of Des Bains has been in doubt. They proposed to turn it into serviced apartments as part of a horrifying proposal for redevelopment of the whole area. It is certainly not booking at present, but one travel firm told us that they had been informed that it would re-open in September after refurbishment, presumably in time for the film festival. Des Bains does not reply to e-mails and does not answer phone calls.Goodness knows what the truth is - if anyone knows, please post. We have been forced to slum it at the Excelsior for our spring beach holiday this year.

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
8,963 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any availability at Des Bains, Venice this year ?

How sad its a wonderful place breathing character I hope they don't ruin it. Always preferred it to the Excelsior but the Excelsior has the terrace and the darsena !

5. Re: Any availability at Des Bains, Venice this year ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2010, 03:29