We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights in venice on honeymoon- Venice or Lido?

Franklin...
Level Contributor
228 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
2 nights in venice on honeymoon- Venice or Lido?

Hello,

My hubby and I are doing a belated honeymoon. Both in our early 30s, looking to have a romantic 2 days/ nights in Venice at the beginning of August as the first part of our trip in Italy (then going to Tuscany, Rome, Positano). We'll be taking the train from Vienna to arrive in Venice, and then ultimately renting a car to drive to Tuscany our last morning in Venice. We currently have a reservation at Hotel Orion, but looking for suggestions if we should stay or change hotels. The Lido area looks very nice and serene. Would it be better to stay in Venice or the Lido area? We're looking to stay at around 100-110 euro per night. Like b and b's or hotels just as long as they have AC and breakfast. Want nice location, romantic. Help!

Edited: 24 April 2010, 17:40
UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,235 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 nights in venice on honeymoon- Venice or Lido?

The Orion has quite good reviews, I would stay with it, as long as it has A/C needed in August,,

I think I would always choose Venice over the Lido, I think you need stay there to get the real feel of this lovely City,

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,708 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 nights in venice on honeymoon- Venice or Lido?

The Orion in Spadaria, San Marco is very central, almost next to Piazza San Marco, so you will be able to experience Vencie to the full there. I would think this is much more romantic than staying over on the Lido.

Therer are some nearby eating places such as Cavatappi in Campo della Guerra (an enoteca) which have not yet been totally spoilt by too many tourists though in general this is not the bets area for eating whether romantic or otherwise. For that you need to walk somewhat further a way form Piazza San marco.

The cafes in this Campo many consider romantic, certainly lots of high-class ambience in the surroundings, but equally extremely high prices as well.

3. Re: 2 nights in venice on honeymoon- Venice or Lido?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2010, 05:19