We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice Connected

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
710 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Venice Connected

Is this the site to use to purchase the 7 day transport ticket which works on the vaporetto & the ACTV. I see the price on that site is 42.50e. I had read somewhere in the forum that if you got the 7 day transport ticket there was a discount on the museum pass (I think) but I don't see how you get the discount.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,846 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice Connected

The 2 prices are quoted on the site, the full price and the discounted price,

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,691 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice Connected

VeniceConnected is a sort of "wholesaler" that offers discounts on many different services and passes, which are available for pre-purchase on-line. Two such services/passes are the 7day ACTV Transport pass and the (various) Museum pass(es).

There is a VeniceCard available through HelloVenezia (*NOT* through VeniceConnected) that offers many other useful and maybe not so useful (unless you are interested, in which case useful just the same) services and discounts either completely included (such as some museums for the "culture" version) or extra discounts.

In most cases, the VeniceConnected site provides the best discounts, all things considered, but it is not certain that the VeniceCard could not be the best deal in some cases.

Keep in mind that the VeniceConnected site obligates you to pick up your tickets on the day for which they are ordered, which may or may not be a problem (often truly not any problem at all).

manchester
Level Contributor
409 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Venice Connected

Hi there

I Heart

if you order a Venice connected card for pick up say on a wednesday and are delayed until the Thursday - will they still validate the card.? I realise that you will have lost 1 day but I assume that they will still issue you with one.

Am pondering wether to buy 7 day cards for 3 of us online or wait until arrival- this damn volcanoe is still worrying me- am wondering whether it's not better to buy on arrival and pay 30 euros more than to risk losing 150 euros if we can't travel.

Viola

Bombay, India
Level Contributor
396 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Venice Connected

Hi, violaManchester, w.r.t your volcano delays question.

http://www.veniceconnected.com/request-form

Bombay, India
Level Contributor
396 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Venice Connected

Hi, violaManchester, w.r.t your volcano delays question.

http://www.veniceconnected.com/request-form

6. Re: Venice Connected

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2010, 05:15