We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

secret itinerary tour of doge palace

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
bigsandkim@chartermi...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
secret itinerary tour of doge palace

Hello! I am going to be in Venice in early July and have been stalking the Fondazione Musei website for tickets for the secret itinerary tour. They are not yet available for July however, I found a ticket website (tickitaly.com) that seems to have tickets available albeit at a higher cost. Should I buy them now at this higher cost or wait until the official website has them available? Of note is the fact that I am only in Venice for 36 hours...

Thanks for your help!

Kim

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,608 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: secret itinerary tour of doge palace

You can also phone them...I did that a few years ago, English speaking operator no problems. The only thing they didn't tell me is that I had to pay cash for the tickets.

Tel.: +39 041 2715911

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
163 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: secret itinerary tour of doge palace

I just got back from 5-day Venice trip. I loved the tour. It was history-intensive, well over one hour long, and the guide was great. Walking through the main rooms afterwards adds more time, so the complete visit to the palace will take up a good chunk of your 36 hours. I discovered that even my 5 days weren't any where near enough to see all the sites I had hoped to visit. But my main concern about visiting in July would be how hot it might be walking through the small upper story rooms that you will visit. I have only read about how uncomfortable Venice is in mid-summer, and we were quite warm in May. I asked the guide and I think she said they don't hold the tours in the summer afternoons because of the temperature.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,137 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: secret itinerary tour of doge palace

tickitaly handle the bookings for the Secret itineries tour now,

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,608 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: secret itinerary tour of doge palace

Sophie

so that means the Secret Itinerary tour is 24 euro instead of 16?

fyi: I gave the phone number for San Marco rather than the ticket agency, sorry!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,137 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: secret itinerary tour of doge palace

Looking at the site seems it is €18, with reductions for some passes ie, Rolling card,

www.vivaticket.it/sell.php…

bigsandkim@chartermi...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: secret itinerary tour of doge palace

This is my confusion. On the vivaticket website the tickets are not yet available. After receiving the message re tickitaly.com being the only booking site, I quickly booked through them. They just sent me an email saying that tickets are not yet available. I am thinking I should cancel my tickitaly order and wait for the tickets to be avail on the vivaticket website since it is cheaper to do it directly. I just want to make sure I get a spot as I am there for such a short time...

Any advice would be appreciated!

Kim

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,608 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: secret itinerary tour of doge palace

Vivaticket is the official ticket seller, not tickitaly. The link provided in post #5 is for Vivaticket. I was confused too when Sophie posted that tickitaly handles the bookings but posts a link to Vivaticket.

given your short time there, I would recommend you call. I am sure they have English speaking operators who could let you know when tickets will be available in July.

bigsandkim@chartermi...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: secret itinerary tour of doge palace

Thank you. I think I am going to see if I can cancel the tickitaly and, if that is possible, call directly. Venice has been the most confusing leg of my trip!

9. Re: secret itinerary tour of doge palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2010, 05:18