We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thunderstorms Next week

north yorks england
Level Contributor
200 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Thunderstorms Next week

May seem a daft question, seems to be conflicting forcasts for next week regarding the weather.

Thunderstorms are forecast, should we be overly concerned, is it likely to last all day or just late in the evening.

Dave

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,839 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thunderstorms Next week

Seems ok till Tuesday, by forecast ,

www.eurometeo.com/english/forecast/city_LIPZ

I would not be too concerned storms usually are short lived,

north yorks england
Level Contributor
200 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thunderstorms Next week

Thank you Sophie,

We fancy a couple of days chilling on the Lido as well as seeing the best of Venice.

Thanks dave

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
691 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thunderstorms Next week

From recent experience, I recommend having a reliable umbrella, but if it happens to be pouring buckets, I suggest taking cover indoors for a few minutes.

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,200 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thunderstorms Next week

At the moment it is very very hot and humid ....A storm would be welcoming but it needs to be a good hard one ( at night would be great) but not a few drops or the sauna will get worse...... Lido would be a good option!!!!!

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,680 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thunderstorms Next week

I second Rosa's suggestion. Lido was about the only decent place to be today, half submerged in (warm) seawater. Everywhere else was hot and humid and sticky and sweaty.

Most of the mid-long range forecasts lately have been completely off-whack by at least a day or two, so even thinking of planning the time of day 4-5 days ahead of time seems absurd.

All in all, with the Heineken Jammin' Festival starting tomorrow, I don't know which is worse: the nearly 100° sauna forecast for the opening day, or the wind-storm tornado that closed the 2007 festival prematurely.

Just make sure your accommodations have air conditioning with both cooling and dehumidifying.

Hot Sulphur...
Level Contributor
880 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thunderstorms Next week

One of our favorite memories is of being awakened about 1 am to thunder in Venice. Watching the lightening and thunder across the roof tops was amazing.

I hope your weather cooperates for you!

north yorks england
Level Contributor
200 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thunderstorms Next week

Hope it stays sunny we are sun worshipers and will look forward to toping up our tans as we visit beutifull Venice.

As for the festival didnt know it was on thank you ive just booked two tickets for the Black Eyed Peas on Monday.

Excellent cant wait if it rains then not bothered as long as the music is good.

Dave

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
68 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thunderstorms Next week

We were in Venice in May. Prior to leaving for the trip the weather forecast was for rain the entire time we were there. Well, we arrived to sun and the sun stayed with us for 3 days. You just never know. Take an umbrella just in case along with a rain poncho. Have a wonderful time!

Juliet

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,200 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thunderstorms Next week

dave enjoy the Black eyed peas ...In the past they wouldn't let people take bottles of water in incase they got thrown But seeing that Venice is on an

alert 3 for extreme heat and humidity they might alter that ... Trust us here it is very very humid........

10. Re: Thunderstorms Next week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2010, 06:16