We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise ship to hotel

boston
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise ship to hotel

Friends disembarking from a criuise ship have a hotel down the Fonda. Zattere ai Gesuati. Would they board a Vap?? What stop would that be and can they buy a 48 hours pass at any Vap stop.?

Would this be line 51 or 2? Tthanks ...I wish it were me, but I am excited to give them as many suggestions as I can.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,983 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise ship to hotel

Their cruise line may provide a shuttle to Piazzale Roma. If not, they will need to take a land taxi to there. They then take vaporetto 51 from Piazzale Roma to Zattere.

The main vaporetto stops have ticket offices where your friends can buy a 48-hour pass. They can easily do this at Piazzale Roma. However, they can get a discount of they buy in advance from www.veniceconnected.com

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,365 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise ship to hotel

Or they could get a 1 or 2 down the Grand canal and get off at Accademia. From there it is a flat walk through to the area where the hotels such as la Calcina are located on the Zattere. Much depends on which hotel.

For just a few cruise liners, they moor at a wharf actually ON the Giudecca canal and from there it is just walk over one bridge to the Zattere.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,859 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise ship to hotel

Both the No. 2 (anti clockwise) and the 51 do go to Zattere,

4. Re: Cruise ship to hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2011, 06:17