We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Locanda San Barnaba vs Al Ponte Mocenigo

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
777 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Locanda San Barnaba vs Al Ponte Mocenigo

Hi all,

My family of 4 (inc 2 teenagers) will be arriving from Milan by train during the 1st week of Nov. and plan to stay in Venice for 3 nights before heading to the airport.

The rates for both hotels are almost the same and may I please have your opinion on which hotel is better in terms of room size, location or ease of getting to with our luggage, etc.

Thank you so much!

Mentioned in this post
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
48,380 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Locanda San Barnaba vs Al Ponte Mocenigo

I have not stayed at either, but would not hesitate, both are really good, perhaps for a first time visitors the Locanda San Barnaba,

is more central to places of interest but in a quiet locationbut I do love the location of the Al Ponte Mocenigo., not too far from the Rialto, both are near Vaporetto stops so no problem with luggage,

Mentioned in this post
Locanda San Barnaba
Locanda San Barnaba
260 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
107,860 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Locanda San Barnaba vs Al Ponte Mocenigo

Locanda San Barnaba is a gem!

It’s so conveniently located right off the Ca'Rezzonico vaporetto landing stage, half a block up from the Grand Canal, so no problem with luggage.

There's a small canal along its side; a roof terrace; a garden area and terrace, which is a real bonus in Venice; spacious common areas; a charming breakfast room; friendly and helpful staff; proximity to restaurants; and an excellent breakfast.

Some rooms have small private terraces over the canal with side views down to the Grand Canal. Some rooms also have beautiful frescoes on the ceilings.

Locanda San Barnaba is a wonderful choice in Venice.

Best Wishes!

Vagabonda

Mentioned in this post
Locanda San Barnaba
Locanda San Barnaba
260 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
777 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Locanda San Barnaba vs Al Ponte Mocenigo

My mind was all set for San Barnaba but I just got an email from Al Ponte Mocenigo and their rates for November are much less than San Barnaba's.

Thank you both for your input.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
48,380 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Locanda San Barnaba vs Al Ponte Mocenigo

I don't think you will be disapointed,

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
65,433 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Locanda San Barnaba vs Al Ponte Mocenigo

I have not stayed at Locanda San Barnaba. I am sure it is a lovely place because I value Vagabondas opinions highly!!

I DID enjoy my stay at Al Ponte Mocenigo. The rooms are large and the staff is very helpful! The area is near a very 'local" feeling square that I really like and it is convenient for the vaporetto!!

Mentioned in this post
Locanda San Barnaba
Locanda San Barnaba
260 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
107,860 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Locanda San Barnaba vs Al Ponte Mocenigo

Grazie riffsmom!!

Locanda San Barnaba is lovely, a peaceful (and convenient) oasis!

XX Vagabonda

Mentioned in this post
Locanda San Barnaba
Locanda San Barnaba
260 Reviews
Venice, Italy
7. Re: Locanda San Barnaba vs Al Ponte Mocenigo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2011, 07:22