We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Marks and Doges Palace entrance tickets

Malta
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
St Marks and Doges Palace entrance tickets

Please help! We will be in Venice next Sunday for 4 1/2 days. Have been reading the forum and thanks to all the information found we have a pretty good picture of what we would like to do and see. However, I am still confused about the entrance tickets to St Marks Basilica and Doges Palce. Do we have to buy them beforehand, or at the entrance? Is it one ticket for each or a block ticket? We have not planned on visiting too many museums in St Marks Square. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,895 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Marks and Doges Palace entrance tickets

The only thing to be booked in advance is the Secret Itineries tour

every thing else can be done once you arrive

There really is lot more to Venice than San Marco !

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
1,987 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: St Marks and Doges Palace entrance tickets

St. Marks Basilica is free to get into and you do not need a ticket (although you do have to pay a few euro to get into 3 separate sections if you choose to). You can make a reservation so you don't have to stand in line at this website: basilicasanmarco.it/eng/… If you do make a reservation, print out the confirmation and go to the line to the left of the main entrance (the sign said group tours when I visited in April) and they will scan your reservation and let you in without having to wait in the regular line.

If you book the Secret Itinerary tour, that includes admission to the Doges Palace (there should be a separate line for people that have a reservation for the Secret Itinerary tour). If you don't book the Secret Itinerary tour, you can get the regular ticket to the Doges Palace by waiting in line. and getting your ticket at the admission office.

Potomac, Maryland
Level Contributor
109 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Marks and Doges Palace entrance tickets

As I am trying to book the tickets, its asking me for number of adults and children under 6 years of age. Do I include my 7 year old son as an adult?

Monument, Colorado
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: St Marks and Doges Palace entrance tickets

WARNING:

For all your information, i "pre-booked" tickets/times with the below websites for entry to St. Mark's Basilica and the guy at the door wouldn't let us in with the print out. He said "It's not my problem, that company is a private company, and doesn't work with the church." It may work for some, but decide if you're willing to take the 1 Euro chance per person.

www.alata.it

www.venetoinside.com

-Adam

5. Re: St Marks and Doges Palace entrance tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2011, 05:16