We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st week in March at the Bauer

Delaware
Level Contributor
27 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
1st week in March at the Bauer

What kind of weather should we expect and are the superior rooms at the Bauer nice?

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,683 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st week in March at the Bauer

March shares with November the pleasure of being the heaviest rainfall of the year on average. It improves on November by the fact that it is beginning to warm up but you will be fortunate if it is warm enough to eat out of doors.

The Baur is a Hotel neither my wife and I have ever used. We prefer the relative quiet and slightly greater tourist free ambience of the Dorsoduro so for at least the past ten years have always stayed on that side of the Grand Canal.

Venice
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st week in March at the Bauer

I do not know what standard you are expecting, but I would say that the basic rooms at the Bauer are pretty grim (as is the whole hotel in my personal opinion). It really needs a refurb, and is pretty charmless. Even the Palazzo wing isn't that great. Look elsewhere.

Coeur D'alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
591 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st week in March at the Bauer

We've stayed at the Bauer, though not on our most recent visit, and we had a gorgeous room with a side canal view. The hotel doesn't have quite the charm/quaintness/personality of some of the smaller hotels, but the location is great if you plan to spend much time in the main piazza.

We were there in late March, and we got lucky with just light sprinkles, but I would expect rain if I were you.