We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Santa Lucia is full. What should be my next choice?

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
461 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Santa Lucia is full. What should be my next choice?

the cheap-but-cheerful Hotel Santa Lucia is already full for May 20, 2011.. I come into Venice by plane (Easyjet) and plan to leave by train to Bologna.

What other budget hotel is similar and would be a good location for my wife and I?

Foresteria Valdese has an opening that night - should we consider them?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,836 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Santa Lucia is full. What should be my next choice?

Have a look at Al Campaniel, very reasonable and convenient for Piazzale Roma and the Station,

www.alcampaniel.com

Florida
Level Contributor
461 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Santa Lucia is full. What should be my next choice?

Thanks the excellent suggestion, but www.venere.com says that they do not have any rooms available either for May 20. Back to the drawing board.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,836 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Santa Lucia is full. What should be my next choice?

I wonder if you are trying to book too early,. if these places are really booked you are talking 9 months ahead,

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,836 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Santa Lucia is full. What should be my next choice?

Have a look at this site,

www.venice35.com/bed-breakfast/…

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
1,903 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Santa Lucia is full. What should be my next choice?

Try emailing the hotel directly. I too tried to book a hotel in Venice 9 months ahead of time and the website was showing no availability but there were rooms available when I emailed the hotel and asked. Hopefully, the same is true for your situation.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,104 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Santa Lucia is full. What should be my next choice?

It really is too far in advance for most places to book you in, and some become reluctant to do so this far out in case they get longer bookings or group bookings that may be advantageous to them. Six months out should be fine.

niagara falls.canada
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Santa Lucia is full. What should be my next choice?

Same here. You may be booking to early. As someone suggested contact the hotel directly. I usually check prices on the online booking agencies and then book directly with the hotel.

Florida
Level Contributor
461 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Santa Lucia is full. What should be my next choice?

the venere website you provided did yield a price my may date of 135 euros. Is that a normal rate for that hotel for that time of year?

UK
Level Contributor
3,254 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Santa Lucia is full. What should be my next choice?

I have enjoyed staying at the Albergo Santa Lucia. I have fond memories of our first visit to Venice there, enjoying a simple breakfast in the garden at the front of the hotel.

Still, my current favourite place to stay is the Hotel Hesperia just round the corner from the Santa Lucia on Calle Riello. It's a little more upmarket than the Santa Lucia with all rooms having en-suite facilities and some with canal-side views, yet will the same friendly and helpful staff and service.

Enjoy!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,836 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Santa Lucia is full. What should be my next choice?

May is high Season, , I would say €135 is just little above an average price, , expensive for somewhere basic, ,you may do better booking a Hotel direct,