We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP - 4 Star Hotel

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
HELP - 4 Star Hotel

Hi,

I'm looking for a 4* hotel, in good location for arounf £100 a night with good breakfast and good access to the sights, don't mind walking, would be nice to have a couple of places to eat/drink nearby, can anyone help?

Michelle

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,226 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP - 4 Star Hotel

I very much doubt if you would get a 4 star for that budget

Venice is small , location is not important ,Star ratings are not a lot to go by, usually means there is a Restarant on site, Concierge service,

etc. there are some lovely Hotels at 2 or 3 star which would match your budget

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,183 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP - 4 Star Hotel

I agree with Sophie on the star system, some lovely 2 and 3 star places, and preferable to stay in Venice proper

But if you are set on a 4 star you may be able to get something in that range on the Lido , I have stayed on a 4 star on the Lido for 90 euros, also the Ausania Hungaria Palace often has some good deals, I booked it for around 70 euro a night last August for a friend.

But I would only stay on the Lido in warmer months

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP - 4 Star Hotel

We are going at the end of March, can you suggest anything in the 3star range? Thanks.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
8,059 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP - 4 Star Hotel

Check the Violino D' Oro. Great location, value.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,047 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP - 4 Star Hotel

Do not pay much attention to hotel star ratings in Italy. They are awarded solely on the basis of physical facilities (restaurant, phone in room, etc) and say almost nothing about how good the hotel is.

niagara falls.canada
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP - 4 Star Hotel

Agree with the others. Don't think you will get a four star for that price. Furthermore there are many very nice two and three star hotels that would be better value.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,964 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HELP - 4 Star Hotel

As stated by others, the star rating is on the facilities, not about the ambience, cleanliness, staff or reviews. Over the years, I've stayed (and returned to) some very nice 2 star hotels & B&B's. One year, I stayed at a 4 star in Sorrento, I'll not return -- staff was way to arrogant/stuffy -- so I returned to my 2 star (stayed there 3 times)

Try www.venere.com, where you can look for location, price and amenities (and reviews). 2 years ago I found a wonderful B&B on www.veniceby.com

Edited: 02 December 2010, 23:44
Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HELP - 4 Star Hotel

Thank you all for your advice, I will take it all on board, I'm sure I will be on here a lot more for plannign the itinery but will read through previous posts first.

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
426 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: HELP - 4 Star Hotel

I will be staying at the Locanda al Leon in Venice next Spring it is 2 star and very near Piazza San Marco. It gets excellent ratings on Trip Advisor read the reviews under Venice hotels.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,707 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: HELP - 4 Star Hotel

Venice hotels are expensive so £100 or its euro equivalent ( c.120), will not be adequate for most 4 stars. Nowadays I always stay at 3 star hotels - the main difference compared with 4 star is the lack of a lift but these are difficult in any case to install in the old mansions which are occupied by most hotels. There are very few purpose built hotels in Venice .

Wherever you stay you will not be far from a place to drink or eat as Venice has a great many bars, cafes and restaurants of one sort or another.