We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First visit

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
357 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
First visit

My wife and I are making our first visit to Venice on 2 October. Staying for 5 nights.

There are many lovely hotels and as I already knew they are not cheap.

I know you're supposed to book early, which I prefer to do, but is it worth hanging on for a while to hopefully get better rates?

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,583 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First visit

early October is still considered peak season and therefore higher prices.

I doubt prices would drop but some hotels might offer discounts for longer stays. You might want to consider renting an apartment.

good luck!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,017 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First visit

October is high season pricewise and a relly popular Month, I very much doubt prices will come down, all the same with a little research Venice doesnot have to be that expensive,

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First visit

As the previous poster said, early October is still high season.

Prices will not drop, but larger hotels - mostly four or five-star - with capacity may offer last-minute deals. Small hotels will generally not have empty rooms available.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
357 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First visit

Cheers for the swift replies.

I've whittled my hotel choices down to about 5 so I guess I'll just have to dive in and book one. I may check out the apartments too. We've had them in Rome and New York and actually much prefer them to hotels.Many thanks.

Reading
Level Contributor
158 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First visit

as an indication, our first choice appartment for next September was already booked last October! We did manage to get it for the following week.

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,441 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First visit

All above is good and accurate.

But let me add: In Venice, the attraction is the city, there is really not that much reason to worry about the hotel. You will probably not spend too much time in the hotel. There is very little reason to take a 4* or 5* hotel unless you plan to have business meetings there, or you much want to dine in the hotel (don't).

There is little reason to worry about location because the city is so small and every inch of it is fascinating.

But I would not expect prices to change much except for the possibility of a special at the last minute. For Venice, i would go ahead and book now.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
357 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First visit

Many thanks for the replies.

I have now booked Home Domina Ca Zusto which gets excellent reviews.

It is away from "the centre" a bit but appears to be in a nice area and we enjoy the walking and exploring parts of a new city.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,017 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First visit

Very nice too, lovely location, one of my favorite parts of Venice,

9. Re: First visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2012, 07:16