We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Totally confused by Venice Connected!

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
657 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Totally confused by Venice Connected!

Hi I have just got on to the Venice Connected website and relieved now to have a break from it! I'm not sure if it has got lost in translation but it seems very complicated and confusing to both my husband and myself. Is there an easier to understand version somewhere?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,120 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Totally confused by Venice Connected!

t is very straight forward , have you clicked on to the UK flag on top right,

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,821 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Totally confused by Venice Connected!

What is it that you are finding confusing? There is no other site where you can buy Venice transport passes at a discounted price.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,219 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Totally confused by Venice Connected!

I agree, VC is very difficult to navigate.

So we made a page called "Transport and other passes" which you can find under the questions top right on the Venice forum. Hope it helps. Also the "Arriving and Departing" section.

If not, get back to us with specific questions.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
657 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Totally confused by Venice Connected!

Sophie - thanks - clicked on the UK flag and it is still as confusing

Nick - thanks - yes I get that it is economical. That's why I was reading it. It's the wording and site design we find confusing.

Lynn - thanks very much for your page. I will check it out. Always nice to hear from you.

Here is an example of what we found confusing.

<<The customer with a PNR voucher, attesting to the purchase of the service in question, will receive the tickets for the service from the Alilaguna ticket office at the Venice cruise port dockyard. The ticket must be validated when used for the first time and kept by the holder for the return trip to the Venice cruise port.

By purchasing a one way ticket from the city centre to the Venice cruise port and boarding on M line at the boat stop "San Marco", passengers need to withdraw tickets in advance at the Alilaguna ticket desk located in front of the Giardinetti Reali, San Marco.

In case passengers do not withdraw tickets in advance, there is no guarantee they will be admitted on board even if they have a valid voucher.>>

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,821 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Totally confused by Venice Connected!

This is an absolutely dreadful way of saying that, if you purchase travel on the Alilaguna ferry, you have to go to a Venice Connected outlet to present your PNR voucher and get an Alilaguna ticket. And if you buy a ticket port-Venice-port, you should hold on to the ticket for the return journey.

Here's a translation for each paragraph.

"If you buy a Alilaguna port-Venice-port ticket, you must go to the Alilaguna office at the port to get your tickets. You must validate the ticket befeore using it the first time, and keep it for your return journey.

"If you buy a one-way ticket from Venice to the cruise port, you need to get your ticket from the Alilaguna ticket desk at Giardinetti Reali before you go to the San Marco stop to catch the Line M boat.

"If you do not go to an Alilaguna desk to collect your tickets, you will not be allowed on the ferry."

BUT all of this is relevant only if you are looking at an Alilaguna ferry from San Marco to the cruise port, which is not a very good idea anyway.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,120 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Totally confused by Venice Connected!

If it is only a Alilaguna ferry ticket you wan't there is so little advantage financially to get it in advance especially if you are finding it difficult to grasp,

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,210 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Totally confused by Venice Connected!

Just to clarify further, you redeem your PNR for the Alilaguna boat at the Alilaguna Office at the dockyard/port, not in the airport

"The customer with a PNR voucher, attesting to the purchase of the service in question, will receive the tickets for the service from the Alilaguna ticket office at the Marco Polo Airport dockyard"

They emphasise that you can't just present your PNR voucher when getting onto the boat!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
657 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Totally confused by Venice Connected!

Thanks for all the help folks. Much appreciated. I also printed out a lot of the information on "Transport and other passes" to make life a little easier for us too.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Totally confused by Venice Connected!

I agree that the Venice Connected website is totally confusing. I can't tell what it covers. We are taking a group and want to visit the Doges Palace and Basilica di San Marco, but not much else in the way of museums. We only have 24 hours in Venice. But we do want to use the transportation to get to Murano and around the town. How can I find out what the Venice Connected card covers?

Most of our group are students, so we will get hte Rolling Venice Card for them, but again, I cannot find out what it covers. HELP!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,219 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Totally confused by Venice Connected!

sdk14, go to the Veniceconnected site and check for a tab that says "Rolling Venice" It can be hard to find. It is very clear that once you have the card you get cheap transport and then the reduced entrance price to most museums. You can look in "Transport and other passes" top right and click on the hyperlink for Rolling Venice Cards.

Jane 56, the "Transport and other passes" site has lots of hyperlinks that only show when you click on the purple or blue underlined words. The printout will give and overview but not the details which are hopefully linked to the correct page on Veniceconnected.