We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stylish hotel with a canal landing stage?

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Henley-on-Thames UK
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Topic
Stylish hotel with a canal landing stage?

Hi there

I'm looking for a hotel recommendation - i'd really like to take my fiancee to a stylish hotel in Venice, and I'd love to be able to take her direct to the hotel from the airport by water taxi. Does anybody know of a place that might fit the bill? My budget is up to maybe 200 euros a night, so this rules out some of the well known options!

Thanks a lot

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,608 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stylish hotel with a canal landing stage?

You don't say what time of year you are planning this trip but I can recommend Hotel American Dinesen. Some of their rooms overlook the Grand Canale.

http://www.hotelamerican.it/

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,120 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stylish hotel with a canal landing stage?

The Grand Canal Hotels are expepensive,but there are alot of Hotels on the smaller Canals where the Water Taxi can take youto the door which would be more in your price range as said the American which is not on the Grand Canal

The Villages...
Level Contributor
189 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stylish hotel with a canal landing stage?

The Palazzo Sant Angelo has its own landing on the Grand Canal. We have stayed there twice and loved it. It is a small boutique hotel with beautifully italian decorated rooms, great location and a nice breakfast included. I don't think you can get it for 200 a night unless they are having a special and depending on the time you want to do this. All that said I think it is definitely worth the price for a memorable experience. The private water taxi to/from the airport is very special and you will have a forever memory. Go for it!

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,499 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stylish hotel with a canal landing stage?

The San Cassiano is perhaps worth considering as it has its own landing stage on the Grand Canal.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
412 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stylish hotel with a canal landing stage?

We enjoyed our stay at the Casa Santa Maria Formosa, and due to us being a group of 8 with young adults with American sized portions of luggage, we both arrived by water taxi and departed to the airport early in the morning the same way. They picked up and droped off just a few metres up the street from the entrance. Depending on the time of year and room selection, it could be in the budget range mentioned.

venere.com/townhouse-suites/…

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,367 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stylish hotel with a canal landing stage?

Yes, the time of year you are visiting, will determine your rate. You could check the Hotel Colombina, & Palace Bonvecchiati.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stylish hotel with a canal landing stage?

Oltre il giardino is fabulous - the water taxi can drop you off just outside the hotel gate, then you go through the garden to the front door. The owner is charming, the staff are all lovely and friendly, breakfast is great, it's handy for some really good restaurants, the rooms are all gorgeous and quiet.

Been twice, going back in November, can't wait.

Espoo, Finland
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Stylish hotel with a canal landing stage?

Check out hotel Becher, beautiful hotel with super friendly staff.

9. Re: Stylish hotel with a canal landing stage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 01:16