We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Venice next week - planning before I go ???

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
141 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
In Venice next week - planning before I go ???

Hi,

I am very excited to be headed to Venice for 4 days next week.

Are there any important advanced reservations I should consider doing before I go .... besides: Accademia, Secret Itineraries at Palazzo Ducale & St Mark's?

Also, I see where St Mark's Basilica conducts a free 11 am tour 4 days a weekcovering the religious mosaics. Any feedback as to the quality of this tour & how crowded it might be? I did not see that a reservation was required for this tour.

Thanks for any help or feedback.

IMB

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In Venice next week - planning before I go ???

If you search the forums on here, you will see that most say a reservation at the accademia isn't necessary.

The only thing I see recommended as needing to be booked (both online and on paper in guidebooks) is the secret itineraries tour.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,830 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In Venice next week - planning before I go ???

Yes do book the Secret Itineraries Tour this is necessary as numbers per Tour are limited to 25, the ticket gives entry to the rest of the Doges Palace

www.vivaticket.it/festival.php…

Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
141 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In Venice next week - planning before I go ???

Thanks for feedback. Do you know how the daily 11:00 tours of St Marks Basilica are (re numbers & quality) ?

IMB

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In Venice next week - planning before I go ???

One thing to note is the secret itineraries tours in english are only at 9:40, 10:45, and 11:35. They take about 1 hour 15 mins, says the booking website.

In case you were thinking of doing the Basilica 11AM tour on the same day as the Secret Itineraries tour... I'm not sure they would work out.

But you said you have 4 days so you can probably break them up :-)

5. Re: In Venice next week - planning before I go ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 05:16