We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice on museums

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
52 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Need advice on museums

We bought a museum pass for Venice. We are already doing the Secret Itineraries tour at the Doge's Palace, so can someone suggest what other museums to see with our pass? Thanks!!!

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advice on museums

I'd suggest Ca Rezzonico and (not included in the pass) Accademia.

Surrey
Level Contributor
2,378 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advice on museums

Fortuny Museum

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need advice on museums

Ca Rezzonico is a great recommendation. The Murano glass chandeliers are over the top!

We had a pass last Oct. The Glass Museum on Murano was included but was a big disappointment.

The Fortuny Museum was not included in the pass.

Surrey
Level Contributor
2,378 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need advice on museums

Sorry, I've known from past experience that the Fortuny, though one of Venice's civic museums, is not automatically included in the pass and so checked online last night to see the current situation and thought I saw it is now included, but I was mistaken. Two years ago when I enquired why it was not included, I was told it is because the Fortuny stages temporary exhibitions and so the funding is different (similarly, temporary exhibitions at the Correr are not included in the pass).

I thoroughly recommend the museum. I've been numerous times with different friends and family members and everyone falls in love with it. Very atmospheric building, stunning display of Fortuny designs and wonderfully curated range of temporary exhibitions, plus the museum has very few visitors. I hope to catch the current exhibition before it ends in early May.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,496 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need advice on museums

Ca'Rezzonico is a particularly useful museum to visit as it has a good cafe for drinks and light meals at reasonable (by Venetian standards) prices.

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
5,998 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need advice on museums

Even if Fortuny is not included, I highly recommend a visit. Very well thought out, lots of space and easily digestable. Ditto for the Guggenheim. I am not a big fan of "modern art" and I loved it. I would also recommend a stop for cicchetti at Gia Schiavi.

7. Re: Need advice on museums

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 09:18