We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sharing a water taxi?

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
426 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Sharing a water taxi?

Do people share water taxis from the airport to Venice? If one is going to San Marco do you think it would be likely to find someone at the airport to share a ride?

Thanks in advance

Venice Walking Tour and Gondola Ride
2,564 reviews
from US$56.80*
Special Offer
Dolomite Mountains Small-Group Day...
772 reviews
from US$175.60*
US$195.80
Special Offer
Skip the Line: Venice in One Day...
3,541 reviews
from US$75.80*
US$92.20
St. Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace...
290 reviews
from US$82.10*
UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,793 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sharing a water taxi?

Can be done but as Water Taxi's usually take you to your Hotel, if possible,narrowa the odds of finding someone, and the priced would be upped if knowingly shared, ( I would think )

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9,991 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sharing a water taxi?

You can always use the shared boat transfer services from Venice Link

www.venicelink.com/index.php…

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,793 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sharing a water taxi?

Venice link is a Company which arranges shared Water Taxi's there can be a lot of waiting around I believe,

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sharing a water taxi?

the FAQ explains the shared water taxi...

"WAITING TIME: since your arrival at the desk in the Airport hall you may have to wait from 20 up to 40 minutes. " It can be booked with at least 2 people.

It also details where it will stop, it is a great deal for €27 p/p.

A pre-booked private water taxi through Venice Link is €85 euro per taxi. That fare is good for 8 people and 12 pieces of luggage.

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,437 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sharing a water taxi?

It can be Italian 20 - 40 mins ...........

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
426 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sharing a water taxi?

Thanks, I'll probably just take the Alilaguna and have purchased a ticket but if I could find some others to share I'd pay a bit more but I'd rather spend the € 85 on wine in Venice. Either way I get to the same place. I have to go meet a friend at the airport the next week so if I didn't use it at first I could use it later as there is no date associated with my ticket.

7. Re: Sharing a water taxi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 20:18