We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice airport question..??

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
244 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Venice airport question..??

Hi i will be going to Venice from spain....

im planning on staying in the Crowne Plaza Venice East-Quarto d'Altino.. is listed very close to the train station and just 20 min away from central venice...

so how i can get to the airport to the hotel? bus? train? any input will be very much appreciate it!!

thanks in advance!

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice airport question..??

If you are staying there, the hotel website says they have a shuttle from the airport.

ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hotel/VCEQA…

I would call the hotel and ask if there is cost and for the timetable. You could also take a cab.

have you considered staying in Venice instead of outside of Venice?

Edited: 22 April 2011, 22:12
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
244 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice airport question..??

thanks! I was looking and the hotel in venice and extremely expensive!! this one seens like is a good option because is next to the train station....

thanks s much!

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Venice airport question..??

It is located next to a train station, not the Santa Lucia train station. It's a 20 minute train ride.

what is your budget? and what time of year?

personally, I would pay a little more to stay in Venice proper.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
244 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Venice airport question..??

im going the first week fo june... my dates are flexible

my budget is around $150 im goinf with my parents to have to be a 3 room... do you know any bed and breakfast??

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Venice airport question..??

hmmmm, I can see why you are looking outside Venice.

I would search on this site under "Venice Hotels" you can search by dates, number of people and budget. There is also a tab for b and bs.

sorry, I can't recommend anything specific within your budget.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,020 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Venice airport question..??

Have a look at www.venere.com you can put in all your requirements, budget, no in room etc,,

I the main problem is you have left it late,, well reviewed places, book Months ahead,

It would be much better if you could stay in Venice, then a long way out side,

St. albert,Alberta
Level Contributor
910 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Venice airport question..??

Check out "Hotel Abbazia" in Venice. Its a great B&B (former abbey) that's about a 2 minute walk from the Santa Lucia train station.

Not sure of cost in June. We paid 140 euro for 4 people in March.

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,494 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Venice airport question..??

Two other sites which have a number of hotels in Venice are http://www.venicehotelsdirect.com/ which uses the British hotel reseller Fisheyes and is popular with a number of smaller hotels, and nozio.com/europe/italy/veneto/venice/lodging/ which uses the local Internet hospitality developer Nozio which is from mainland Veneto.

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,600 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Venice airport question..??

We've stayed at the Crowne Plaza and had no problems whatsoever. We got a very big king leisure room and since it was at the end of our stay, it was a nice way to wind down. The train to and from the hotel (a 5 minute walk max) was very convenient. The hotel was very helpful about showing us which trains to take. We've stayed there and have used their convenient shuttle to the airport. The only hiccup we've had was one time they somehow lost our arrival time, and we had to call the hotel to pick us up. We lost about forty minutes, but that was the only problem.

10. Re: Venice airport question..??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 19:16