We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clock Tower Tour & Secret Itineraries on the same day?

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Clock Tower Tour & Secret Itineraries on the same day?

Does anyone know how long does the clock tower tour last as I'm contemplating of doing the two tours in one morning :)

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,830 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clock Tower Tour & Secret Itineraries on the same day?

The Clock Tower Tour takes about 45 minutes,

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,548 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clock Tower Tour & Secret Itineraries on the same day?

the tour is less than an hour. But the tour guide will probably let the group stay and take photos and soak up the view (and wave to people down in San Marco's) On my tour there was only the three of us and there was no rush to leave. The tour guide was very good and we got some great photographs.

It does mean being on your feet for a long period of time. The Secret Itinerary tour is a much longer tour. I think it was about an hour and a half plus you will be able to tour the Doge's Palace after.

What time of year are you planning to do this? Both are closed in places and can get very warm so you may want to consider that in terms of planning.

have fun!

Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clock Tower Tour & Secret Itineraries on the same day?

Thanks Sophie8 & caffe_espresso,

I will be in Venice from 28 Jun - 1 Jul, was planning to do the tours on the 2nd day one after another in the morning. If I do Clock Tower at 10am & Secret Itineraries at 11.35am, will it be a rush?

From the map it seems that both places are quite near each other, but I'm worried that we will be rushing and won't be able to enjoy Clock Tower :P

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,830 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clock Tower Tour & Secret Itineraries on the same day?

They are very near each other, but it might be advisible to do the S.I.first

it can get hot in the confined spaces in the Summer,

Placitas, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clock Tower Tour & Secret Itineraries on the same day?

We did both on the same day (my husband's birthday) very easily. We did the Doge Secret It.. at 11:30 and then the Clock Tower at 5. There was lots of time in between and we spent it in the Correr Museum, having lunch in their selfserve room and then walking through the museum, the anthropology museum and the library. We even had time to window shop in the Arcade and find the park behind the Arcade. There was no problem with this schedule at all and we were not rushed in the least. That said, we had already toured the Doge Palace in the regular parts, not the Secret Tour parts, and so didn't need the time to do that. That could be done instead of the Correr.

Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clock Tower Tour & Secret Itineraries on the same day?

whoa thanks for your suggestion BJinNM,

I'll be doing the Secret Itineraries @ 9.55am, morning as sophie8 suggested and the clock tower at 2pm :) Will tour the Doge Palace as recommended! Thanks!

7. Re: Clock Tower Tour & Secret Itineraries on the same day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 05:15