We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Squid Ink Pasta ?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Squid Ink Pasta ?

Hi, we are so excited to visit in Venice in June. I love seafood and would like to have the best Squid Ink Pasta there. Can anybody recommend me where to go ?

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Squid Ink Pasta ?

Hello!

We are also travelling in June to Venice, and we've found on Tripadvisor very good reviews for Squid ink pasta in Marco Polo restaurant (details below)

Marco Polo - Salizada San Lio, 5571 | Castello, Venice (google it for more info).

Hope it helps!!

Catalina

UK
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Squid Ink Pasta ?

I've tried it twice - once in Spain and once in Venice - and I have concluded that 'best squid ink pasta' is an oxymoron.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Squid Ink Pasta ?

Thank you for the useful info.

United States
Level Contributor
9,727 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Squid Ink Pasta ?

I've personally never eaten it but then again I'm not much of a seafood person and black food isn't very appealing to me BUT I often eat at this place. People seated next to us were raving about their squid ink pasta and had come from another city just to eat it here. They were Italians celebrating the graduation of their daughter.

There are some harsh reviews on TA but I have never had any of the problems mentioned. Reservations in the evening are highly suggested. There is a heavy predinner crowd every evening which comes for the meatballs.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187870-d1…

TAB

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,153 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Squid Ink Pasta ?

Make sure you take a 'before' picture of everyone with their food in front of them, and an 'after' picture--everyone with teeth stained black!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Squid Ink Pasta ?

Does anybody know the phone no. or website for Marco Polo ? And do they closed on Sunday or Monday ?

Benson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,266 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Squid Ink Pasta ?

Personally i really like black ink pasta , made from cuttlefish, when I first started eating it I was taken to a restaurant by my Venetian friends...the restaurant is called La Madonna but this was 30 years ago...and for years we kept going there....today it is a very touristy restaurant but my Venetian friends still think it is one of the best places to go for this dish..for me the last time I went I found it salty...but others did not....you might also look for risotto con sepia (cuttle fish) which I like much better ....the restaurant that is famous for that is Da Ramono which you can find on the island of Burano....good luck...and I hope this helps

Edited: 27 May 2011, 02:59
Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
10,117 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Squid Ink Pasta ?

I had really nice black ink pasta here tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187870-d6…

Very reasonable and good food.

9. Re: Best Squid Ink Pasta ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2012, 05:16