We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big price difference between companies

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Topic
Big price difference between companies

I had made several reservation request to arrange a water taxi to send us from Santa Lucia Railway Station to our hotel in Venice. Many sites/companies charges us between the of Euro85 to Euro140. However I just manage to find this Motoscafi that allows me to book a trip just for Euro60.

Wondering how can the prices vary so much... Anyway i've already book my water taxi with Motoscafi. Yet to experience the service as my trip to venice is at end June

Special Offer
Skip the Line: Venice in One Day...
3,547 Reviews
from US$75.10*
Dolomite Mountains and Cortina 1-Day...
774 Reviews
from US$194.00*
Venice Walking Tour and Gondola Ride
2,575 Reviews
from US$56.30*
Special Offer
Venice Skip-the-Line: Doges Palace...
699 Reviews
from US$142.70*
Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Big price difference between companies

We are leaving for Venice on 11th of June (this Saturday!! :) ) and we also booked a water taxi from Marco Polo airport - also with Motoscafi. They charged us with 100 EUR (which is OK according to tripadvisor reviews), so 60 EUR seems fair enough from the Railway Station.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
91,895 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Big price difference between companies

There is no need to book water taxis from the airport or the train station: there are always plenty of them.

The Motoscafi site belongs to the association of water taxi owners. The others are third-party sites that tack on their own fees.

Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,475 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Big price difference between companies

Motoscafi means water taxi/ waterboat ...SO if you mean the Consorzio motoscafi then they are probably one of the most reliable companies. Many advertised that you will see are agencies that have to add on their % so going direct to the taxi company is usually cheaper.

Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
48,049 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Big price difference between companies

The web site for this is

As said your best option,

5. Re: Big price difference between companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 20:20
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question