We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anniversary

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
anniversary

going to venice next month staying at the hilton garden inn any suggestions of what to do and where please ???

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,836 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anniversary

The Hitton Garden Inn is not actually in Venice it is on the mainland in Mestre,

If your ptime wish is to see Venice it is a good idea to get a guide book ,in advance to see what the City offers , what interests you ,

Leeds, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: anniversary

Thanks yes I know that the hotel is a water bus ride away which we don't mind catching ..

Thanks for the tip.

UK
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anniversary

No, it's not. The waterbuses don't go to Mestre. You'll need to catch a train - they are frequent and only cost 1€. You could also probably catch a bus, but I don't know anything about them. If you get a pass for the waterbuses, it will also cover you for buses with wheels (ACTV only).

Leeds, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: anniversary

Oh ok .. Ooops I have booked the hotel now !! I hope I haven't made a mistake on the distance

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,023 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: anniversary

The hotel looks like it could be sitting next to an airport in any major US city! It is 3 miles from Venice! Mestre is not Venice! Get a guide book...change your hotel to anywhere in Venice (if possible), and immerse yourselves in Venice. You'll be fine...

6. Re: anniversary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 09:19