We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vaparetto Pass

Alaska
Level Contributor
820 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Vaparetto Pass

Am I able to directly buy a vaporetto pass the day I wish to use it, or do I have to purchase it ahead of time online?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,440 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vaparetto Pass

You can buy a vaporetto on arrival in Venice at any manned Vaporetto stop, the benefit of buying on line the www.veniceconnected.com is you get a discount, it is the same pass,

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vaparetto Pass

You can buy one at the train station , too. It is very convenient to have.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,116 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vaparetto Pass

Just to add to previous points, if you order your pass online, it is validated on the day you pick it up, so if you don't need it straight away, book it for the following day

Alaska
Level Contributor
820 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vaparetto Pass

Well, I am not sure I will need it at all because I plan to do most everything by walking but I am thinking for one day it might be helpful if I decide to head to Guidecca and the San Giorgio Maggiore campanile.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,440 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vaparetto Pass

Always useful to have a pass, Venice can get very tiring, lovely to be able to pop on a Vaporetto when you feel like it, as a one off Vaporetto ride is €6.50 can get quite expensive,

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
1,969 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Vaparetto Pass

may1787: There is nothing quite like riding down the Grand Canal and admiring all those glorious buildings. Even if you only get a 24 hour pass, if you get up early and take the vaporetto up and down the Grand Canal and do it again around sunset, you will not be disappointed. It's one of my favorite things to do in Venice so I always buy a vaporetto pass.

7. Re: Vaparetto Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 18:19