We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

moderate-priced hotels in Venice

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
washington, DC
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
moderate-priced hotels in Venice

I'll need a hotel that's nice but not fancy, near a vaporetto stop, perhaps not far from the Rialto bridge. I'd prefer a small hotel or pension to a chain but let me know if you've had good luck with a chain. This would be for spring 2012 before tourist season starts.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: moderate-priced hotels in Venice

The only chain hotels in central Venice are the luxury chains. Almost all hotels in Venice are family-owned hotels or B&Bs. You can search www.venere.com by location. Many people would not consider Rialto ideal, because it's on the most beaten of beaten tracks and crowded as well as being in San Marco, the most expensive area. High season, price-wise, starts on April 1 in Venice.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,372 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: moderate-priced hotels in Venice

For chain, there is the Best Western Monte Carlo which is moderately priced. I've stayed there a few times and it is not far off St. Mark's square.

washington, DC
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: moderate-priced hotels in Venice

I'm sorry I was not clearer. I am really not interested in a chain but in your recommendations for a small hotel or B&B. And I take the point about Rialto.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: moderate-priced hotels in Venice

Take a look at Locando Gaffaro. Not far from Piazzale Roma with all its vaporetto connections but not near the Rialto.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,124 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: moderate-priced hotels in Venice

This a lovely little B&B near a Vaporetto Stop

tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g187870-d564714-…

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: moderate-priced hotels in Venice

It depends on the budget you have...it would really help knowing your budget in order to recommend some appropriate hotels / BBs.

Maine, USA
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: moderate-priced hotels in Venice

I learned that there are six districts in Venice called sestiere. Think of the five boroughs of New York of the twenty arrondisements of Paris. Each has its own character and pluses and minuses. …about.com/od/veniceitaly/tp/sestiere_map.htm

Many tourists choose San Marco because many of the most famous sights are there, but it is generally the most expensive. Since Venice is so compact, if you don't mind walking, one of the others should suit you fine. Cannaregio and Castello are more residential and therefore less expensive. San Polo has a lot of bars and restaurants and some of the well-known locations (e.g., Frari Church and the fish market).

It might be helpful to choose a preferred sestiere, and then look for a room. On the left click on Hotels, then you will see there are over 350 B&Bs. Then you can search by neighborhood. You can also screen by budget but my experience has been that the rates posted in TA are either a very broad range or just inaccurate.

FWIW I chose a well-reviewed, relatively inexpensive B&B in Cannaregio for my upcoming trip. When I return I will write a review or trip report.

8. Re: moderate-priced hotels in Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 15:19