We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Taxi Questions

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Water Taxi Questions

Hi all.

I have already booked a return journey with Consorzio Motoscafi from Marco Polo to our hotel (Canal Grande). I just have a couple of questions about this...

When I booked online I was asked (obviously), to specify the number of people it was for. My answer is 2. Will me and my partner have exclusive use or will they try to cram more people on (it ought to be exclusive, for the cost!)?

Secondly, is the dock a 10 minute or so walk? So will we have a short walk to get to our boat?

I'd appreciate comments from anybody who has experience with this.

Molto grazie.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8,990 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Taxi Questions

I don't know where you booked your taxi, but if it is with Motoscafi site, it will be a private transfer, not the shared transfer that can be booked using VeniceLink site.

Yes, you will need to walk from the airport exit to the dock. Here is a step by step guide to reach that dock.

europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/alilag…

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,418 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Taxi Questions

With Consorzio Motorscafi you will not have to share, it is expensive, where your Hotel is situated a Bus from the Airport from to

Piazzale Roma, is only a very short walk,to the Hotel

The Bus leves from directly outside the Arrivals terminal, cost €5.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,294 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water Taxi Questions

I think you should be aware that, to get from the airport to your hotel, a water taxi will not go past St Mark's Square and up the Grand Canal. The water taxi would take the shortest route, which goes north of the main part of Venice and then down a side canal to the east of the train station.

A water taxi will cost you around €100, and you will have a 10-minute walk from the airport terminal to the water taxi stand. For €5 you can get a bus from right outside the airport terminal to Piazzale Roma, from where it is a walk of less than 10 minutes to your hotel. See the directions on the hotel's web site at http://www.hotelcanalgrande.it/posizione.asp

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water Taxi Questions

Hello,

We also used the services of Motoscafi Venezia, and were very pleased with our choice!

The taxi is not shared, is a private transfer just for the two of you (this is why is so expensive).

Also it will be a ride of 15-20 max, compared to public transport which will take up to one hour!

From the airport to the docks is a 5 minute walk, which is no problem, really...

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water Taxi Questions

Thats great guys, all very helpful. Glad the taxi will be exclusively ours!

Orlando
Level Contributor
143 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Water Taxi Questions

If you reserve a water taxi for a transfer, say from your hotel to the train station, and prepay online, can you dictate the route taken? Say we prefer to go via the Grand Canal instead of what may be a more direct route via the Guidecca lagoon.

7. Re: Water Taxi Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 05:18