We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secret Intineries Tour details

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Secret Intineries Tour details

I have booked tickets for the Secret Itin tour but I don't see if there is any special entrance to queue or pick up tickets.

Also how much in advance should we arrive from tour time?

Thank you!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,254 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secret Intineries Tour details

You do not have to queue, just go in show your booking Number, there is no need to get there much in advance,

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secret Intineries Tour details

Thanks Sophie!

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secret Intineries Tour details

15 minutes before the tour begins is plenty of time.

The entrance is on the Doge's palace side facing the water. (St Mark's basin)

Show your ticket's at the kiosk, pass through the turnstile and the palace courtyard is right ahead.

The English tour meeting place is just to the left as you enter the courtyard.

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secret Intineries Tour details

We had to wait to get in on a Saturday. There was a line, but when you go in they direct you to a special line to pick up your Secret Tour Tickets which was separate from those getting regular entry tickets.

The Secret Itineraries Tour was our favorite thing we did in Venice.

A note about post #3: All the tours meet to the left as you enter the courtyard. Just wait for your guide to show up because when we were there, there were another 2 tours getting ready to start in different languages and we got delayed starting because each group can only take 25 people and some people waiting on the Italian Tour were trying to get into our English one and she wouldn't let us begin until she found out who wasn't supposed to be there by checking everyone's tickets - which delayed us about 10 minutes after waiting on that and people in the tour to check their bags.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secret Intineries Tour details

Thanks all for the addtl info. If we arrive early in case of a potential line, I'm sure we can lounge round out front and imagine what it was like back in the day.

I tend to be early for everything. DH- who's always late- says it's a genetic defect ;-}

Scotland
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Secret Intineries Tour details

could you please advise who you booked thru

thanks

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secret Intineries Tour details

Booked through Vivaticket- very easy- make sure u pick the English speaking tour time :-)

www.vivaticket.it/evento.php…

Edited: 14 August 2011, 11:53
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
81 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Secret Intineries Tour details

Thanks for the info! I just booked our Museum Pass for October through the sight and also the Secret Itineraries tour (discounted if you purchase the pass).

Good to get info about pickup because I didn't couldn't find the details on that but I was able to print off the Museum Passes from the invoice that I was sent - they look like rectangular tickets normally do - just need to cut them out of the paper sheet.

Once you do the Secret Itineraries Tour, do you exit and reenter the Palace to view the remaining areas or do you continue from inside?

Thanks and hope you enjoy your trip to Venice also!

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Secret Intineries Tour details

I'm thinking you remain inside as it says you are then free to explore on your own.

Have fun!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,254 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Secret Intineries Tour details

Yes you can, you can tour the rest of the Palace on your own after the Tour take in the prison , cross the Bridge of Sighs,