We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice transfer port to rail station

tamborine
5 posts
Save Topic
Venice transfer port to rail station

I am about to travel on a cruise ship that returns to Venice. Can anyone please tell me if there are water taxis from the port to the main railway station. If not, what is the best option for a transfer? Many thanks, Frank C

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,014 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice transfer port to rail station

Sniderab, If nobody pops up with an answer here, I'm sure you'll get it on the Venice forum, which is here: tripadvisor.com.au/Tourism-g187870-Venice_Ve…

TA staff may move this question there anyway sometime soon(ish).

Luigi

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,978 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice transfer port to rail station

Hi Frank;

FYI...This forum is for general questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site itself.

As a new user of the forums, I would suggest before posting on any forum to read the "sticky" at the top of the forum’s page, if there is one. The sticky will explain the focus / purpose of the forum, important information, and other details. As an example, the sticky at the top of this forum is;

"PLEASE READ: How to use the Support forum!" and has a push-pin icon beside it.

For questions about travelling to specific destinations, you can use the destination forums, as my esteemed colleague Luigi has suggested above.

Best Regards

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Venice transfer port to rail station

Moved to Venice forum.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,874 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Venice transfer port to rail station

Do not get a Water Taxi take a Land Taxi much cheaper,, and go to Mestre Station not Venice Santa Lucia, you can the go right to the Station,

tamborine
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Venice transfer port to rail station

Many thanks for your help, Frank C

tamborine
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Venice transfer port to rail station

Thank you Luigi.

Frank C

tamborine
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Venice transfer port to rail station

Thank you Luigi.

Frank C

tamborine
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Venice transfer port to rail station

Many thanks for your help, Frank C

9. Re: Venice transfer port to rail station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 21:16