We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English speaking travel agent who could book opera tickets?

florida
Level Contributor
334 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
English speaking travel agent who could book opera tickets?

I am trying to book opera tickets at the Fenice for October 19th,2011.

Their website has my head spinning, and the days are flying by!

This ia a "once in a lifetime" experience, and I simply must get it right;great seats, good visibility.

Surely there is an English speaking agency who could handle this for me;pleaseeeeeeeeee tell me there is. lol

I would truly appreciate any and all input.

Thank you,

Bondgirl

UK
Level Contributor
2,891 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: English speaking travel agent who could book opera tickets?

There is some excellent advice given on this previous thread:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187870-i57-k458…

ireland
Level Contributor
976 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: English speaking travel agent who could book opera tickets?

Have you booked a hotel, why not ask them to book your opera tickets.

Cartersville...
Level Contributor
73 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: English speaking travel agent who could book opera tickets?

Have you tried www.selectitaly.com ? They are not exactly a travel agency, but essentially ticket brokers and tour operators for all things Italy. I know they do sell opera tix and more. Maybe your date will be offered!

yodaboyo
Level Contributor
127 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: English speaking travel agent who could book opera tickets?

My head was also spinning, but then I read the site that Joannaspencer recommended above...and brought up the seating chart...used an Italian to English translation site...and now I have 2 tickets to Don Giovanni at La Fenice and am very excited. It is doable...just know that anything below 50E is either only listening or visibly impaired. If you book the 50E and it doesn't go through it means that there is not 2 seats together. We ended up booking 85E seats...the next price up...because we wanted 2 seats together. Go for it! It is a once in a lifetime experience and that is why I tried my best to decipher and book!

Happy travelling!

florida
Level Contributor
334 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: English speaking travel agent who could book opera tickets?

LOL I appreciate all the suggestions, as well as the encouragement!!! I am indeed going to give it another go.

Opera Challenged Bondgirl

6. Re: English speaking travel agent who could book opera tickets?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 16:17