We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Venezia to Montorosso Al Mare

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Calife
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Train from Venezia to Montorosso Al Mare

I have looked on the Trenitalia site and would like to hear from TA members for their recommendations: is their a "best" route for being scenic and fewer train connections? Which route will get me there more rapidly etc.

Thank you,

Freebe

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,942 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Venezia to Montorosso Al Mare

The best route in my opinion is via Milan, with only one change of train and in reserved seats the whole way.

However routes via Bologna or Florence can sometimes be slightly faster, if the advertised connections work OK onto and between the Regional trains with no reserved seats that you use that way for the second half of the journey.

Look at http://www.fsitaliane.it/homepage_en.html for Venice to Monterosso and take your pick.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,577 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Venezia to Montorosso Al Mare

The Trenitalia website will tell you how long the journey will take and where and often you have to change trains

3. Re: Train from Venezia to Montorosso Al Mare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 22:17