We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Hotel Easy to Access in Venice

mocksville, n.c.
Level Contributor
50 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Good Hotel Easy to Access in Venice

Planning a solo trip in December and looking for a charming somewhat upscale hotel with comfort that is easy to get to (ie not have to use a water taxi or shlep my luggage for more than a couple of blocks, getting from the airport to the hotel. Would prefer one that is more historic building and not huge As far as the area, I don't wish to have to walk too far to get to restaurants but I do not need to be right on San Marco..

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,654 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Hotel Easy to Access in Venice

This is lovely B&B we stayed at last year,it is convenient as yards from a Vaporetto stop, in a area of nice Restaurants,

…tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g187870-d564714…

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,643 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Hotel Easy to Access in Venice

La Calcina (www.lacalcina.com) is onl;y a very few yards from the Zattere landing stage used by the vaporetti (the No 52 will bring from Piazzale Roma if you take the coach in from Marco P:olo) and also by the Alilaguna ferry which sails from Marco Polo around Venice.

The Hotel is within easy walking distance of important art galleries including the Accademia, the Peggy Guggenheim Museum of Modern Art and Ca'Rezzonico. It has its own waterfront dining area and lots of other eating establishments within easy reach

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
123 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Hotel Easy to Access in Venice

I am also interested in recommendations for a good hotel in Venice so was very interested in this thread. Have you stayed in this hotel recently Robert? I noticed that the most recent comments from the guests were back in 2006 and anything could have happened since then. Has anyone else stayed in La Cacina recently and would like to comment on it. Your help is much apreciated. Thank you.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,134 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Hotel Easy to Access in Venice

I just got back from Venice last week and stayed solo here, lovely hotel very close to the station, Piazalle Roma and vaporetto stops

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187870-d5291…

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,446 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Hotel Easy to Access in Venice

I love Hotel Abbazia and stay there everytime I go. Friendly and efficient staff, quiet, nice bar and lounge area for pre-dinner drinks, a lovely breakfast area with garden, and nice rooms and baths.

http://www.abbaziahotel.com

Just a block from vaporetti stops and the train station. There are many restaurants in the area, but I prefer to go a little off the beaten path from the main drag to find less "touristy" places.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,643 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Hotel Easy to Access in Venice

Kangaroo66 The La Calcina website is up and running - they are quoting room prices until the end of Becember 2011. I have not been there since 2008 but it was OK then. The latest review - good - is dated 30 August 2011

Edited: 13 September 2011, 18:19
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Hotel Easy to Access in Venice

How are you getting to Venice from the airport? If it's by taxi or bus you will arrive in Piazzale Roma, and snce you don't want to take a vaporetto OR walk more than a few blocks, your choices are limited. This site lists hotels near PRoma.

europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/venice…

If you take the Alilaguna or water taxi from the airport, you have many more options since you're not limited to the P Roma area. Have you looked thru the hotels listed on the left side of the page? Both tripadvisor and venere.com have a map feature that allows you to narrow your search to specific locations.

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,661 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good Hotel Easy to Access in Venice

When you say water taxi, it is not clear if you are using the international term for what in Venice is called "vaporetto" or "water bus" (thus excluding public services ACTV and perhaps Alilaguna as well) or only that you didn't want to need a private water taxi (speed-boat limousine style transportation).

From the n°5 bus arrival point in Piazzale it is less than a block walk to many of the vaporetto docks in Piazzale Roma, without steps or bridges, and from the various ACTV landing docks around the city (some of which double as docks for Alilaguna as well) there are many many hotels which do not require long or arduous walks.

9. Re: Good Hotel Easy to Access in Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 20:15