We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 night apartment and location in Venice?

chicago, il
Level Contributor
151 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
4 night apartment and location in Venice?

I will be traveling to venice with my wife, parents (60 years old), and our little boy (1 years old). Rather then spending 200+ per night on a hotel room I thought an apartment might be nice. Can anyone recommend a good apartment rental company and 1 or 2 good locations to focus on? We are looking for a higher end apartment and are willing to pay a little more for something really nice.

Do you think an apartment is also the way to go? Figured if we had a nice home base it would make coming back for baby naps or feeding a little easier.

niagara
Level Contributor
444 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 night apartment and location in Venice?

Check out www slowtravelitaly com under vacation rentals-Venice. You'll find alot of reviews and links for apartments. Apartments are an affordable alternative to hotels plus they usually have kitchens so you can create meals-important if you have a child.

We rented an apartment in Dorsoduro in October 2010 for my husband and myself and one for his Mom, aunt and sister. Dorsoduro is a nice, somewhat quieter neighborhood. I believe you may pay more for apts closer to San Marco.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,642 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 night apartment and location in Venice?

Have a look at www.viewsonvenice.com lovely apartments,

Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 night apartment and location in Venice?

Have a look at The Red House Company. Marco and Caroline have some good properties listed and provide a top quality service. Three of us stayed in The Crosswater 2 this year. It is really only suitable for 4 with a double bed and a very large sofa bed in the lounge, although there is room for a cot in the lounge. They have other properties sleeping 5 and above.

http://www.venietiam.com/Houses.aspx

4. Re: 4 night apartment and location in Venice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2012, 10:18