We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Did I book the wrong train station.

Texas
Level Contributor
140 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Did I book the wrong train station.

I just booked our train tickets from Venice to Riomaggiore.

When I was booking it said I click on my train , it said Tutte Le Stazioni , which means all stations.

Just now when I got my confirm via email it says "Departure: Ve. Mestre", I thought that was the mainland station.

How do I leave from the island, can I take a train from the island to the mainland to catch this train?

United States
Level Contributor
9,623 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Did I book the wrong train station.

Go back to the Trenitalia site and look up your train. See if *Ven SL* (the island train station) is listed in either red or black. If so, then the train will leave from Santa Lucia.

TAB

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Did I book the wrong train station.

If the train doesn't stop at Santa Lucia, you can get a train between the two stations. I think you can use the ticket you already have for the trip between the two stations, especially if it said "Tutte le stazioni" when you purchased the ticket.

Verona, Italy
Destination Expert
for Verona
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Did I book the wrong train station.

See what TAbarret already said (Ciao, Trish!). 95% of the trains originate in Venezia S.L. to stop in Venezia mestre along the way. If so, do not hesitate to board the same train in Venice Santa Lucia. I think the price of your ticket would have been the same and, anyway, i never saw a ticket controller between the 2 stations... the start controlling after Mestre.

Ciao

Francesco

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,637 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Did I book the wrong train station.

A ticket from Ve. Mestre DOES NOT include the fare from Venezia Santa Lucia to Mestre, even if the train originates in Venezia S.Lucia, and if you get caught on the train by a conductor, you could be fined for being without a ticket, unless he/she is in a very understanding and forgiving mood (not always the norm for FFSS personnel). You must also beware that high speed trains require a special ticket, even for the short bridge crossing, and the inexpensive ticket (€1,20 per person, I believe) is only valid for the Regionale trains.

Texas
Level Contributor
140 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Did I book the wrong train station.

Thanks all, after going back and looking I see where I made the mistake.

When your on the page that lists all the times, at the top it says :Departure station: Venezia ( Tutte Le Stazioni )

However when it list the stops the station is listed again this time in black and red:

MESTRE

VE S.L.

or just

MESTRE

I'll pay the 1.20 euro to get to the mainland, I just want to make sure I am at the right station for thr right train

Thanks all.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
951 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Did I book the wrong train station.

I recently made an error booking a ticket at the Fast Ticket Machine, from Florence to Venice. I intended to book to Venice S.L., but realised when the ticket popped out, I had clicked on Venice Mestre.

I immediately went to the Customer Care Office and I was told it was perfectly okay to stay on the train at no extra cost, in my same seat, until the train stopped 10 minutes later at Ve S.L.

7. Re: Did I book the wrong train station.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2012, 10:20