We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking for restaurants

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Romford, United...
Level Contributor
643 posts
182 reviews
Save Topic
Booking for restaurants

Hey peeps,

If I am going to be needing to book restaurants how far in advance do I have to do this?

I plan to maybe go somewhere more 'special' for one night but nothing really really high price (like that really swanky place I have read about - the really posh place that is a few hundered quid each) and the other nights/days just what we fancy when we check the restauarant guide.

Thanks!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for The Hebrides
Level Contributor
6,690 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking for restaurants

You don't normally need to book, unless you are dining out at a very special restaurant.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,147 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking for restaurants

Maybe at weekends it is best to reserve,

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking for restaurants

I do not know anywhere in Venice which is" a few hundred quid each" though perhaps the Cipriani is the closest to this descriiption.

Good popular restaurants in the high season for tourists - roughly Carnevale in February and then from Easter to the middle of October - I think sensible to book a table a day or two in advanc especially at wekends.

City of Venice...
Level Contributor
98 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking for restaurants

A couple of my favorite places you do need to book, at least a couple days in advance, and sometimes even a week or more: La Zucca and Antiche Carampane. Both can be very difficult to get into... They each seat only about 30 people, so reservations are almost always essential, and without a doubt obligatory in high seasons. But they are so worth it!!!! Especially Antiche Carampane... But I'm just a sucker for that place! ;)

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
643 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking for restaurants

Great! thanks.

We shall be in Venice from Monday 5th March for 4 nights so not there at the weekend :-)

Robert, yes that is where I meant! I could not recall the name and was not totally sure, but it is where I have read on here a lot of people going for a very swanky ocassion!

I might source a first night restaurant from the list on this thread (and others I have jotted down in the past) and then take the view of play it by ear and explore for the other nights when we are there.

Hubby does not know he is going there yet and as it is his treat I can't really make all the decisions (control freak though I am!) The food book is so he can at least choose where he fancies (in addition to what he can see out and about!) so anything he really fancies we can then book for the 2nd/3rd/last night.

Thanks muchly!

:-)

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,505 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking for restaurants

Hey, EssexAngel, we will be there the exact same days. I hope we have good weather!

I make all of our decisions, my spouse doesn't want to. It leaves me feeling responsible if things aren't perfect:-( I usually do all right.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
643 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking for restaurants

Ooooo Lighthouse have a great time!

:-)

8. Re: Booking for restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2013, 10:16