We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confusing discounts & transportation in Venice

Virginia
Level Contributor
53 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Confusing discounts & transportation in Venice

My daughter and I will be stumbling off a plane after being up 30 hours (not counting any sleep on the plane), so I don't want to have to think too much upon arrival. I see that the Rolling Venice Pass will be great for her, just for the discount on the 72-hour ACTV pass (11 Euro savings). I think I read that there is a Hello Venizia place where we can buy it in the Marco Polo airport. Anyone know exactly where? I haven't seen anywhere it can be bought online in advance, but if you know of a way, please direct me.

Then, according to the hotel's directions, we want the bus, which I believe is 3 Euro, to the car terminal vaporetto stop (Piazzale Roma). Where does one buy tickets for the bus?

Then we will need to buy the 72-hour ACTV passes - at Piazzale Roma? Or can we get them at the Hello Venizia place?

If we were to buy my 72-hour ACTV pass in advance from Venice Connected, I could save 8.25 Euro, but do I get a voucher that I then have to turn in somewhere, or is it the actual pass? That savings is for our day of arrival, March 31 - is that how it works? Because I see that the savings goes down to 1.65 Euro if I put in a date of April 1. And, as nearly as I can tell, Venice Connected and Hello Venizia are two completely different things, right?

Then we want to take both the tour of the clock tower (Torre dell'Orologio) and the Secret Itineraries tour of the Doge's Palace. I see we can pre-book the clock tower on tickitaly.com for 17.80 and 12.80 Euro for me and daughter, respectively. How much are the tickets if I book them at the Museo Correr? I think I found a website - vivaticket.it, that also sells the tickets (even when I click the little American/British flag, it gives the site in French!?) which lists the prices as 12.5 and 7.5 Euro. Also, tickitaly.com has the Secret Itinerary tour for 24.30 and 18.30 Euro, which seems like a lot compared to the vivaticket.it website, which lists the prices for the Secret Itinerary tour at 20.5 or 14.5 for students and those buying tickets for the clock tower. Does tickitaly just charge more for their booking service, or is vivaticket an ill-reputed operation?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,117 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confusing discounts & transportation in Venice

You get the Rolling Venice pass from the Hello Venezia desk in the arrivals area. Venice airport is not large, and you really cannot miss the Hello Venezia desk.

If you buy your transport pass in advance from Venice Connected, you get a discount. You get an e-mail receipt with a reference number, which you take to the Hello Venezia desk to exchange for the actual pass. You can get your bus ticket there too. Your transport pass is activated when you collect it.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Confusing discounts & transportation in Venice

The transport passes from Venice Connected include the options of one-way or return buses between the airport and Piazzale Roma.

Vivaticket is the official seller; Tickitaly is a reseller and tacks on fees.

3. Re: Confusing discounts & transportation in Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2013, 10:17