We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Danelli

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Danelli

I am here now.... I find it super expensive .. The cheapest starter was 29 euros... Main course 50 to 90 euros...

I am behind the times or is his rather a lot

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Danelli

If you're at the Danieli, a five-star luxury hotel, and eating in their restaurant, those are the prices. Walk outside the hotel and eat in a nearby restaurant, and you will pay a half or a third of that.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,737 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Danelli

Was the menu not on display to see prices before you were seated?

That is a very (very) expensive hotel with prices that match. I guess they feel if people can pay 1000 euros and more (give or take) a night for a room, they can afford to charge those prices.

Lots of other choices as noted by Zerlina.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Danelli

Stating here right now. I live In London ( a pretty expensive place ) but doesn't compare to this.

The most expensive places in England ( inluding the fat duck ) do not charge these prices. .. And frankly it's not that special

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Danelli

Ps forgive the misspelling.. iPhone's have a v small keyboard

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Danelli

Three things: 1. Venice is expensive; 2. The Danieli is one of the most expensive hotels in Venice; 3. Relatively few people would say that the food is special at La Terrazza.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Danelli

Have t agree with you there. However the bar is worth a visit.

Reading
Level Contributor
158 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Danelli

Doesn't seem too bad to me for a restaurant in a top hotel. However before my recent trip I did my research, wasn't impressed with La Terazza reviews and went to the Londra Palace - great food and reasonable value.

By comparison, the tasting menu at The Fat Duck is actually £180pp.

UK
Level Contributor
629 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Danelli

At least your ooom had been cleaned...

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Danelli

Haven't been to the fat duck for a few years.... However whatever the menu price is now ..I was really comparing the experience verses cost. tonight we wen to osteria da foire. Similar price but so much more what I expect. The Danielle may be a top hotel but it's living on reputation not service or value.

10. Re: Danelli

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2013, 10:23