We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice restaurants- how accurate are the review forums?

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Topic
Venice restaurants- how accurate are the review forums?

Just wondering whether anyone can advise on the following restauarnts we've booked to eat at? We have of course looked at the reviews, but I find them slightly infuriating when some people rave about the place and then others say it's terrible!

The 3 we've booked are:

Osteria Antico Giardinetto

Beccafico

Ristorante Ribot

If anyone thinks they're bad choices and we could find better I would so appreciate that!

Thanks in advance......

Edited: 24 February 2012, 08:28
london
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice restaurants- how accurate are the review forums?

The correct title for the Beccafico is the A Beccafico.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,120 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice restaurants- how accurate are the review forums?

I would say they are but not accounting for taste, what appeals to one may not to another,

Surrey
Level Contributor
2,378 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Venice restaurants- how accurate are the review forums?

Some of the reviews are highly suspicious - one relatively new restaurant quickly gained a very high listing by having lots of rave reviews by visitors from Kiev who had never posted on trip advisor before. . Certainly the top ten order in the TripAdvisor listing bears no relationship to the top ten dining experiences in Venice.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,481 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Venice restaurants- how accurate are the review forums?

I give little weight to Tripadvisor reviews unless the person has posted more than five. Even then, I take a look to make sure that they don't give 5 stars to every place.

5. Re: Venice restaurants- how accurate are the review forums?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 00:17