We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WickedCampervanning

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
WickedCampervanning

Hey

My wife and I are picking up a Wicked camper and heading fromPrague to Barcelona. We only have 18 days once we leave Prague, looking for some suggested places to stop on the way, keen to see Venice but happy for lots of suggestions!

D

Reading
Level Contributor
158 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WickedCampervanning

Hi Muzza

You probably need to give some more info so that people can help. Were you thinking of a Prague - Vienna - Venice- Milan- Med coast - Barcelona kind of route? How many days could you allocate to Venice? and where would you plan on staying? - you know you can't bring the camper in? - were you planning on camping on the mainland and commuting in?

Sydney
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WickedCampervanning

Thanks, We were thinking of heading from Prague, Vienna, Venice, then Med Coast but no plans yet.

Our van is only a wicked camper so looks just like a normal van but not sure if we can drive into Venice. Would like to stay a night in Venice at least but all a bit unknown as yet.

Love a suggestion, is it worth staying for only a night or two and is it easy to stay on the mainland and commute into Venice?

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
9,427 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WickedCampervanning

Assume you mean wickedcampers.co.uk/about-our-vans/van-types…

Prague.

I suggest that you see Prague before picking up van. This is not because of Parking (I always drive to Prague) but more an issue of security. Car theft/breakin is an issue so you should always have secure parking for your vehicle if left overnight

Venice

There are numerous campsites around Jesolo down to Punta Sabbioni. At Punta Sabbioni you can get a ferry to Venice.

www.actv.it/en/movinginvenice/movinginvenice

actv.it/pdf/navigazione/Mappa_linee_2nov.pdf

From Venice consider Lake Garda (easy drive down the A4 ~ 2hrs)

Loads of campsites between Peschiera and Lazise at the south-east corner (camped/stayed at Lazise for the last 20 years)

If interested many people who visit Lake Garda do day trips to Venice.

Peschiera del Garda at the south end of the lake is on the Milan-Venice Intercity line. A cheap regional train to Venice is €9.50 single and takes ~ 1h50 (the faster Intercity services which take 1h15 to 1h30 cost €20 single)

To drive to Venice taking into account fuel, road tolls and parking at the Tronchetto even with a good fuel efficient diesel will be over €60.

There are numerous campsites on the coast between Genoa and french border

www.camping.it for italian campsites.

Please be aware that in Italy the further south you go the more basic sites can become, often remote from the "advertised" address. You even sometimes have to pay for showers. Sites around lake Garda are more "northern european" having more facilities for your money.

FRANCE

Consider staying around Antibes nr Nice. We go to Antibes quite a lot. There are a number of campsites just outside of Antibes (~ 40min walk) nr the Avenue du Pylone / Marineland. My parents stayed there in their camper. We drove down to see them from Munich (staying in Antibes). A short walk from the campsites/Marineland nr the sea front is the train station "Biot". from there you can get a train to Nice or Monaco (parents did Monaco as a day trip).

There are some sites around Port Grimaud. From Port Grimaud you can get a local ferry to St Tropez

My parents stay at Santa Susana (not far from Barcelona) every year. That year they drove the south coast from Antibes.

www.camping.fr

4. Re: WickedCampervanning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 00:40