We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are Lingus or Ryanair?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Topic
Are Lingus or Ryanair?

I'm thinking about flying to Venice and don't know if I should pay the extra 100 euro per person with Aerlingus or take the cheaper option with Ryanair?

How much are the trains or buses from Treviso and the are they regular?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
48,484 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are Lingus or Ryanair?

There is a Bus service which connects with Ryan air flights, at Treviso, which goes to Venice, it would be much cheaper all round than Aer Lingus,personally I would rather find the extra than use Ryan Air, unless you are used to them there as there can be so many add on's money wise,

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,205 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are Lingus or Ryanair?

As Sophie says it depends on what you are willing to pay, I use Ryanair so I'm used to their pit falls I never check in luggage and pay with a pre-paid mastercard so there is no extra charges. On my last trip earlier this month I used Jet2 a lot more expensive but basically not a great deal of difference to Ryanair

The bus is regular from Treviso and is around 10 euro return

Ireland
Level Contributor
1,909 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are Lingus or Ryanair?

I'm flying to Milano with Ryanair, as they were loads cheaper than Aerlingus - not looking forward to it; if there are no delays all will be grand, but if there are delays or any issues with the flight, I realise I will be stuffed.

Flying back from Venice with Aerlingus, who can be as equally rubbish as Ryanair.

I don't think there is much in it to be honest...

Mentioned in this post
Milano
Milano
Venice, Italy
Ireland
Level Contributor
1,909 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are Lingus or Ryanair?

Thinking about it, if your question is more to do with flying into Marco Polo with Aerlingus and Treviso with Ryanair, again, both are easy to reach Venice from. I've flown to both, with both, and would do either again. If there is a lot of difference in prices, I would go with Ryanair, but if there is not too much difference in price, then I would go with Aerlingus.

Mentioned in this post
Marco Polo
Marco Polo
152 Reviews
Venice, Italy
ireland
Level Contributor
158 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are Lingus or Ryanair?

It depends what days you fly. I have to fly with Aerlingus because ryanair doesnt fly on a Saturday to Venice:(

UK
Level Contributor
1,605 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are Lingus or Ryanair?

Ryanair now only take their own pre-paid card for no extra charge. But there are all sorts of catches with using their card - check the terms and conditions very carefully. There is a lot of talk about restricting the 'administration fees' that Ryanair (and others) charges, but no action so far.

7. Re: Are Lingus or Ryanair?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 01:40