We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Film Locations

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
420 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Film Locations

Does anybody do a walking tour of film locations in Venice? I'd like to see the locations for Death in Venice and Don't Look Now.

It's a real shame that the Hotel des Bains has been converted into flats. Can you still get to see the magnificent reception area and ballroom?

Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Film Locations

Here is a nice site for film locations around the world. The films you mentioned are on this list. movie-locations.com/places/europe/italy.html

For me, I'll be enjoying some locations from the film, Summertime, a David Lean film starring Katherine Hepburn.

Enjoy.

-Michael

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,137 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Film Locations

May be best to Google the actual films you are interested in

London, United...
Level Contributor
420 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Film Locations

Yes, done that. Thought it would be nice to go on a walking tour! That's given me an idea for a new business!!!

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Film Locations

This site may be useful: http://www.veniceword.com/p2vefilms.html

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,137 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Film Locations

Really have not heard of a walking tour concentrates on Film locations,

London, United...
Level Contributor
420 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Film Locations

That's a pity as so many great films have been shot in Venice!

UK
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Film Locations

I have found just about every location for Death in Venice, Brideshead Revisited (TV series), Summertime, and Don't Look Now. Send me a PM if you have any that are bugging you.

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
606 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Film Locations

I can help you with Death in Venice as I (sad creature that I am) have compiled a folder of stills from the film with photographs that I have taken. It is intriguing to see how Venice has change, It was, it has to be said, in 1969/1970 a little run down It's also interesting to see the cast standing on bridges that were not built at the time when the film is set and also anachronistic television aerials The bridge where Tadzio turns to confront Aschenbach is now in a very sorry state and late last year was closed when it became unstable.

it is also instructive to follow Aschebach as he stalks Tadzio around Venice. The locations move from La Fenice to the ghetto and the party is often moving in opposite directions simultaeously.

London, United...
Level Contributor
420 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Film Locations

How interesting! It would be great to see you pictures and/or folder. Where abouts is the scene where the area is being sanatised?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
320 posts
388 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Film Locations

snapadventure - thanks so much for that site!