We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The train station where to dine

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
The train station where to dine

Hi,

Can anyone advise if the station has a trattoria or good cafe to have lunch before we leave on the train...even very close by.

Thanks

Niec

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The train station where to dine

Some they have, I particularly remember good meals at Bologna and Terontola-Cortona train stations.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The train station where to dine

Yes I have just been informed about a good eatery in Florence at the station. So I am hoping for something in Venice as we are on the go until late afternoon when we reach our next destination and therefore need a decent meal, although if we get a ES 1st class do they not have a dining car with meals?

Benson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,242 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The train station where to dine

IMO the answer would be no....not in Venice....

you would be better to get something to go and eat it on the train...that is what we always did...

Edited: 12 March 2012, 03:21
Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,555 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The train station where to dine

Currently the Santa Lucia station has little more than a café snack bar, nothing really worth stopping there for except in case of absolute necessity.

I find the food on the Frecce not very good at all either.

There are a number of good restaurants for lunch along Rio Terà San Leonardo and the Fondamenta della Crea along the Cannaregio Canal, not far from the station.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The train station where to dine

Thanks for that I_Heart_Venice

I will see if we can get up there earlier for a nice lunch before we leave.

6. Re: The train station where to dine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 06:40