We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Re Viator tour Skip the line Walking tour with Doge Palace

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
Re Viator tour Skip the line Walking tour with Doge Palace

Hi all

viator.com/tours/…d522-2635DOGES

Wondering if this is supposed to be a walking tour of Venice with a Secret Itinerary Tour of Dogues Palace. On the viator reviews it was stated that the walking tour was in the morning and the Doge Palace tour is in the afternoon. On viator it says pick up 2pm.

Anyone know exactly what happens on this tour.

We really want to do both. I notice the Secret Itinerary Tour only takes 1 hr via other websites and so I am just wondering. Is it a Venice walking tour plus the secret Itineraries tour or a walking tour of the Secret Itineraries of Doge Palace and also a tour through the rest of the palace as one has to pay the entrance fee into the palace on arrival also.

Thanks

Niec

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Re Viator tour Skip the line Walking tour with Doge Palace

Seems it`s not the one you want Niec.

I read the reviews on your link checking the one stars first and someone says this

<I was very disappointed in this tour. I was led to believe that it included the underground passage ways and Casanova's cell, but then was told that it did not. There was another family on this tour who also thought these sections were included too. So, when we all booked it, the description was very misleading. >

With the Secret Itineraries we did the secret stuff and a palace tour, then we were free to wander on our own

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Re Viator tour Skip the line Walking tour with Doge Palace

Thanks Hugo64

My co traveller wants to do this tour and it was a must for her to go into the bridge of sighs. Was this included? Was it the Viator tour you went on?

I have found another deal with the Secret Itinerary Tour ( for 1hr) which has the entrance fee included in the price as well as entrances to the 3 Museums of St marks Square...very detailed info of the Secret part, but then there is no tour of the other part of the Palace and mention of entering the Bridge of Sighs.

Did you get onto the Bridge? Did you get to Cassanova's cell and underground passage ways ? Would you say it was clausterphobic anywhere as we are both tall and I did read that there is a tight squeeze somewhere.

Thanks

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Re Viator tour Skip the line Walking tour with Doge Palace

I`m a bit like your co traveller. I really wanted to do this and it certainly was interesting.

tickitaly.com/galleries/doges-palace-venice-…

This one sounds like the one we did. It definitely included the Bridge. Think we crossed it to the next building. Saw the cell etc. but they are in the attic not underground. Guess underground wouldn`t work too well in Venice.

Hubby is 6`4 and spent a lot of his time bent over as the roof was low but I didn`t find it in the least claustrophobic. Bit narrow in places but that was all. I think they like to cover extreme cases in their descriptions.

Think we did it with artviva but their tours sound a bit different and it was a while back since we did it.

Edited: 13 March 2012, 05:10
UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,418 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Re Viator tour Skip the line Walking tour with Doge Palace

The Secret Itineraries official Tour takes in Casanovas cell, but it is not underground,, there are 3 Tours in the Morning,to cross the Bridge of Sighs it is not needed to do the S.I. Tour you can do that on a visit to the Doges Palace,

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Re Viator tour Skip the line Walking tour with Doge Palace

we have booked the museum tickets through Venice Connected" which include the Doge Palace

Is it worth buying the seperate tickets for the secret itinerary tour on top of the standard admission as they seem to include the rest of the palace as well

Lafayette...
Level Contributor
198 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Re Viator tour Skip the line Walking tour with Doge Palace

I have a similar question - is this particular "secret tour" well worth the 24 euro? Seems kinda pricey. If you've actually done this, would you do it again? Thanks

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,418 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Re Viator tour Skip the line Walking tour with Doge Palace

The Secret \Itineraries Tour is worth doing and the ticket includes a free visit to the rest of the Doges Palace also so not that expensive the offifial booking site is

www.vivaticket.it/festival.php…

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Re Viator tour Skip the line Walking tour with Doge Palace

This is the site I used for my tickets. You do the Secret Itinerary tour with a guide that includes Casanova's cell and after that it's free entrance to the Palace. I used Rick Steves book for my own tour of the Palace. From there you go over the Bridge of Sighs on your own. Ticket was 20.50E

www.vivaticket.it/sell.php…

Well worth it.

Lafayette...
Level Contributor
198 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Re Viator tour Skip the line Walking tour with Doge Palace

OK, so I continue to be very confused in the translation of these various sites - this one being the latest. What does THIS mean?

"INT.FAMIGLIA - Ticket package for ENTIRE family (and the family package 'consists of 1 ticket int. Family and minimum 2 rid.famiglia)

Full ticket for family pack (family pack is composed by a minimum and full family ticket 2 Reduced family ticket)"

Should I buy just 1 ticket for the 2 of us, or 2 separate tickets (which is what I assume I need). Oh, and worth noting - the link in Post #3 earlier has different prices - 24,30 euro .. why is that?

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Re Viator tour Skip the line Walking tour with Doge Palace

The different prices are because you are going through a vendor instead of the actual Doge Palace and they add on their fee. As far as the family goes, I never tried that. I would assume it's for more than two people though, or for parent with children. I have gotten tickets through Doge twice. Price is always cheaper than the others.